Options

5 Posts

07-15-2010

SD

9 Signins

311 Page Views

• Views: 311
  • Message 1 of 9

What - gloss black S10-3 lid and black hinges?

2010-07-15, 2:25 AM

I purchased and just received a S10-3 Netbook ... and I looked over the gallery and watched the youtube reviews.   One of the main features (besides the keyboard), was the look of the pictured and reviewed lid that looks like a checker board pattern that was anti-finger print.   Also, the hinges appeared to be silver or the metal hinges.  

What I received today is gloss black lid with black plastic hinges.  The lid is not checker board pattern and the hinges are not silver.   Nothing states this variation on the specs ... the gallery shows checker board.   The reviews I watched raved about this style/feature of the lid being checker board - either black or cherry.   I'm disappointed in lenovo and in my humble opinion - they should have noted that this feature was not offered or clarified that they are only in gloss black.

Customer service will be getting a call from me.   Lenovo pushes style (cosmetic features), they should send you that as pictured etc.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Norm

Aberdeen, SD

PS I've been mainly a T-series owner for many years (T500 was my last purchase - awesome).   Not too happy about this netbook and how it was advertised/pictured.  Please excuse my spelling and grammer mistakes....just found the spell check.

Solved! See the solution
Options

12 Posts

07-13-2010

Malaysia

67 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: What - gloss black S10-3 lid and black hinges?

2010-07-15, 14:25 PM

Hi chickendumpling...I faced the same thing. I believe the lid with the checker board pattern are actually running on the older version of processor. The one with the gloss black lid is running on a newer processor. I was kinda dissapointed as well as I thought it should be having the same lid. Hate glossy type of lid as it leaves thumbprints...:(

Options

5 Posts

07-15-2010

SD

9 Signins

311 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2010-07-15, 16:08 PM

My wife is fighting the battle...   Of course we are getting some rep that is foreign.

They claim what we are talking about something that only comes on the tablet and is called Cosmic Wonder.   That's NOT IT, not even close.   They say Black is what we got and they will not make good.   I looked over the tablets too before purchasing...

After more research, we got Cosmic Night ... appears to be gloss black.   Lenovo does not state this is gloss black either.   Their website, in the gallery shows this small checker board type pattern all across the lid.  -- NOT Cosmic Wonder.

Our order is 2FCA07 (zero or alphabet o ... not sure right now).   This is not right LENOVO!   With all of the reviews on the web and in your gallery with the checkerboard pattern, WHY would I want glossy black.  That checkerboard pattern in black or cherry is only shown in the S10-3 and not even an option in the t/tablets.

We are going to try to get a rep that speaks better US accent english and maybe in the US.   Otherwise. LENOVO will loose a customer who has purchased refurbs, new thinkpads, and ... this netbook deal just might be the nail in the coffin.   15% restock ... my fault?   What did you guys read about two of the best features of the S10-3 - keypad and patterned/checkerboard top (hides fingerprints).

ANYONE who ran into this needs to call LENOVO...again and again.   I'll follow-up on this second attempt...I really hope others don't fall into this BS.

Sincerely,

Norm

Aberdeen, SD

Options

5 Posts

07-15-2010

SD

9 Signins

311 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2010-07-15, 16:21 PM

Second rep, even after agreeing with us on the gallery on the texture checkerboard top... but they are claiming not responsible for the pictures.   This is a feature lenovo.    Lenovo will not fix ...  75 bucks to return.   Thats a scam LENOVO!   Lucky I got the keyboard pictured and raved about?

I'll be taking this to the thinkpad forum as well and BBB.  

GUYS you better call and verify every part of these Systems now.   Lenovo Admins...take note on this one.

!LENOVO DOES NOT CARE!   Well, I care and will no longer be a Lenovo supporter and no longer will purchase their products.  

Done with my wine&cheese here... hope I save someone from doing business with Lenovo or nail them down before placing any order.

Regards...

Norm

Aberdeen, SD

Options

7634 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 5 of 9

2010-07-15, 18:54 PM

chickendumpling,

Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for sharing your situation, and we can certainly try to help.

I can see you feel very strongly about this given the speed and negative tone of your postings here, and I can certainly appreciate that.   Please give us until the first of next week - I can obtain your information from your sales order number and will open a formal complaint - it will take a day to be assigned and for a rep to reach out to you.  Perhpas by tomorrow, but if you can give us until late Monday, that would be great. 

Obviously,  If the product was mis-represented to you, there are always room for exceptions in the return process.

We have the restock fee for returns to try to limit exposure from general buyers remorse - somebody finding something else they decided they would rather have, or that they suddenly needed the money for something else, or subjectively the black wasn't as black as they had hoped.  Obviously there is some level of reason that has to be applied to these kinds of things - I'm sure you would agree.   I appreciate your bringing this to our attention, and allowing us to respond.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

5 Posts

07-15-2010

SD

9 Signins

311 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2010-07-16, 13:13 PM

Hi Mark,

First, thank you for listening to a first time poster on this forum and replying.   Appreciate anything that could be relayed and perhaps a reasonable resolution.

Sincerely,

Norm

Aberdeen, SD

Options

5 Posts

07-15-2010

SD

9 Signins

311 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2010-07-23, 13:22 PM

Sincere "Thank You"  to those at Lenovo who made an effort in completing this out to our satisfaction.   RESOLVED  This really does make a difference...large or small...

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2329 Posts

01-21-2009

DE

2771 Signins

119910 Page Views

• Views: 119910
  • Message 8 of 9

2010-07-23, 13:41 PM
Yoga Home 900 - Yoga 2 11- Yoga tablet 2 all WIN 10 1809
Moto Z Play - Moto Z2 Play
Options

1 Posts

08-07-2010

Puerto Rico

6 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 9 of 9

2010-08-07, 18:29 PM

Hi chickendumpling, can you tell me how Lenovo resolved this issue for you? I just ordered an S10-3 a couple of days ago and one of the factors that made be decide to buy it was keyboard and the checkered pattern lid that doesn't show fingerprints as much as other netbooks with the glossy ones.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete