cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfranc
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 1 of 2

What happens if the lenovo SSD data got erased?

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie when it comes to laptops. I recently purchased a lenovo ideapad u510. I'm haivng trouble making a recovery disk. I'm not sure how to do it and I'm afraid I'm not going to do the right thing. However, my brother was using my computer thinking he knew what he was doing and erased the data that is on the SSD. My question is if the stuff on the SSD going to effect anything such as making a recovery disk or if I ever need to recovery my laptop. 

update:

I just realized that the lenovo partition was deleted is that bad?

Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 178
Message 2 of 2

Re: What happens if the lenovo SSD data got erased?

hi Jfranc,

Welcome to the Forums.

The recovery partition is used to restore the unit from the factory condition (this may come in handy if you get a virus or simply just want to restore from the original image). If this image is gone, you may still create a recovery drive using this method.

As for the SSD, it's usually used as a cache drive. See these guides on how it works and how to reconfigure it.

- The Guide on How To Reformat, Repartition AND Get RapidStart & RapidStorage Working

- Intel Smart Response Technology User Guide - UEFI

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors