Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nohackmove
SCSI Port
Views: 552
Message 1 of 4

What is the most secure way to create recovery backup? U300s

Hi everyone.

I have an ultrabook model U300s since a year. It is very valuable for me and I can't decide in which way to backup recovery medias.

I have used onekey recovery to turn to factory settings many times. But I did not create recovery backup yet.
I am afraid of to decide wrong way. DVD or USB?

Also the reason that in Turkey Lenovo Support team did not provide free recovery DVD or usb during warranty time period which is 2 years in my country.

So can you tell me what to do? Shall I find an external DVD writer and create DVD backup or a usb flash driver?
If the answer is USB device what should be the size of it 4gigs 8gigs or 16gigs?
Also does it matter to use usb 2.0 or 3.0 flash drive.

I know it took a bit long to tell but I was thinking about those subjects a long while.
Thank you from now for your important replies.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 547
Message 2 of 4

Re: What is the most secure way to create recovery backup? U300s

hi nohackmove,

i have been using s10-3 for more than 2 years. as you know, warranty is already expired and the system doesn't have any dvd-rom. i also didn't create any backup (either dvd or usb).
if you are careful to use your computer and you don't make any changes such as partitioning the disc, you won't even need to create a backup but it's suggested to create some.

at this point, it would be safer to create a usb recovery (easy to carry). my suggestion is to use usb 3.o if you don't want to wait long during the process. 8gb would be enough if you create "factory" backup.

hope this helps.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
nohackmove
SCSI Port
Views: 524
Message 3 of 4

so that which brand is perfect for usb 3.0? I mean quality and safety.

Also is the usb 3.0 port work at bios or recovery installing process does it work as 3.0 or 2.0 because it is activated in windows with a driver.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 502
Message 4 of 4

if you use usb 3.0 port, it will work as usb 3.0
for the brand, pretty much the all of are the same so you can pick any.

hope this helps.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors