Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

10-22-2012

Canada

20 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 1 of 2

Will A Fresh Reinstall of W8 on Ideapad U410 affect the Recovery Button?

2013-04-17, 17:28 PM

I installed W8 back when W8 launched in October with W8 Pro 64 bit. Since it was during school, I opted for a upgrade instead of a fresh install to keep my files intact. Now, my PC is running into various issues from time to time (drivers, slow downs, freezes etc) I also have huge partition files (multiple ones) that seem useless and are taking up space. I want to do a fresh install this time.

My question, will doing a fresh install affect the usability of the recovery button on the left side of the laptop? I really find that feature useful and would like to be able to use it in the future if anything happens, if I go ahead and do a fresh install does that button become useless?

Thank you

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Will A Fresh Reinstall of W8 on Ideapad U410 affect the Recovery Button?

2013-04-19, 22:21 PM

hi Samoon,

One Key Recovery (button or software) will no longer work if you upgraded / clean installed Windows 8 on a Windows 7 system - see this Windows 8 Upgrade Guide for the list of softwares that are affected. To verify this, try to press the One Key Recovery button.

If it's not working, backup your files and Refresh Windows 8 or do a clean install.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms