Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aiswaryaprem24
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 1 of 2

Windows boot error 0xc00000e9, 0xc0000098 in Lenovo U400

I've been getting boot error in my 8 month old Lenovo U400. No changes were done in hardware or software. It says bootbcd file is missing. Doesn't boot through hardware, but boots just well when I go to advanced boot menu and select the SSD option. The functioning of the laptop seems to be just as good, fast and there's no problem whatsoever after I boot through this. Then why doesn't it boot normally? Why does it say it could not find a valid OS entry??

I tried resettting the boot file. During the process I noticed that the partition with the OS is marked hidden and is a RAW partition, rather than NTFS. Since this error, I haven't been able to use Lenovo one key recovery either. I have never reinstalled/formatted a system with SSD, and am not quite sure if a clean reinstallation of Win OS would help. 

What should I do? 

vanowm
Punch Card
Views: 690
Message 2 of 2

Re: Windows boot error 0xc00000e9, 0xc0000098 in Lenovo U400

The moment you selected your drive to boot from start pressing F8 button, it should show you some extra boot options, where should be a repair option. Go there, it might ask you login, then there will be option to fix startup problems.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors