Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4457 Signins

274722 Page Views

• Views: 274722
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: baffling mouse cursor freezes if I remove the WIRED ethernet connection??

2013-01-16, 16:07 PM

hi majorkong,

Upon checking, the Touchpad, Keyboard, Ethernet, Battery and Charger  are all inter-connected to the Southbridge. Since too much voltage/current can make a certain chip malfunction, my wild guess is that maybe when you insert the ethernet cable, it balances the flow of voltage/current into the system - which the AC adapter being used and the circuit design should automatically do this.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

19 Posts

01-11-2013

new york

46 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 12 of 16

2013-01-18, 0:03 AM

Hey neokenchi

thanks for the double check and I get it, I tried a few other power supplies in a store today no luck. BUT one thing that I did find out, if I LIFT IT OFF A FLAT SURFACE the mouse works again. Now I know you are thinking it's how I hold it but nope it's the darndest thing.  It works on my lap but is a little jerky. The moment I put it on or near any flat surface the mouse stops dead. Can be wood metal, concrete even water ( kidding about the water)

any ideas?

Mk

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4457 Signins

274722 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2013-01-18, 1:44 AM

hi majorkong,

It's probably either the Touchpad board and Touchpad cable or the motherboard connection that connects to the motherboard as a slight movement can alter the functionality if the cable is not connected properly.

This could happen if the connector is broken as shown in this article or on the touchpad board itself.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

19 Posts

01-11-2013

new york

46 Signins

190 Page Views

• Message 14 of 16

2013-01-18, 4:19 AM

Hey neokenchi

That article is great as is the whole site, thanks for guiding me to it. You are excellent at your job! However it didn't really help as I took the whole assembly out and reseated everything properly ( at least it looks ok).  Here is my problem with the cable been faulty, not doubting you just a question, when I lift the laptop up everything is ok but when I set it down the mouse freezes?  That can't possibly be the cable can it?   Here is another clue, I can use it on my lap BUT the mouse is jerky to respond as if there is some delay.  So just to make sure we know what is happening

1 the mouse works if the AC and the lan cable are plugged in.

2 the mouse works if the laptop is not connected to anything ( no ac or lan)

3 the mouse works if the lan cable is plugged in ( no ac)

4 the mouse works if the AC and LAN are plugged in and held in mid air.

any ideas?

thanks

majorkong

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4457 Signins

274722 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2013-01-18, 18:34 PM

hi majorkong,

If the touchpad is intermittently working as described above, this is an indication that there's a possible hardware problem on the unit. If I am the service technician that'll handle your case, (assuming you have explained all the things that you've already done) I would do the following:

1. I'll run a diagnostics on the motherboard and on the Touchpad (Authorized Service Centers have these tools)

2. if it gives an  error code on the test, I would re-install the latest drivers once more, if no go, I would order a replacement for the following parts:

Palm Rest Assembly - FRU#:  45N5919 (white) or  45N5918 (black)

Touchpad Cable - part#: 25008982 (if necessary)

touchpad.JPG

If the problem persists, I would order a replacement part for the system board, FRU#: 42W8294

Edit: Added image for reference

Hope this helps.

Options

19 Posts

01-11-2013

new york

46 Signins

190 Page Views

• Message 16 of 16

2013-01-18, 23:02 PM

neokenchi

thank you for bearing with me on this, I will take the unit into a local service center and do as you suggest. I don't think I will be buying another Lenovo product in the future THOUGH nothing whatsoever to do with your excellent customer support.  I hope you have an excellent weekend and wish you a very happy new year.

Mk

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms