English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

ideapad S340-15API - wifi very slow

2020-01-16, 17:26 PM

I purchased a brand new Ideapad S340-15API (Model: 81NC00D3CY) on Tuesday. I set up successfully, downloaded all Windows updates and used the Lenovo site to check hardware and update all drivers. Everything is now updated and no issues were found.

My problem is the internet is very slow. Other devices on the same network measure 25-30Mbps download through Speedtest.net but the S340 only 5-6Mpbs when it's next to the modem and 1Mbps when it is in the next room which is where I want to use it. 

I updated the Qualcomm network adapter driver  from device manager but still nothing. I updated BIOS and still the same.

How can I solve this? Is there a solution or should I just return the laptop? Would an external USB wifi adapter improve things?

Options

415 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

139 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: ideapad S340-15API - wifi very slow

2020-01-16, 18:58 PM

Hi 

Welcome to Community Forums!

Read on your post and verified that you have already done the  necessary troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem with your connectivity on this ideapad S340-15API.

You can back up everything that is important from your computer and perform a system reset. if the problem still persists after that then it just simply means that there's something wrong with your wireless card and it's your choice if your want to send it to Lenovo for WiFi Card replacement or to have the computer replaced from where you bought it  from if you are still under the grace period for their return or exchange policy.

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards​

Jhay02_Lenovo

Options

2020-01-16, 21:20 PM
Thanks for your answer.

What about an external USB wifi adapter? Will that do? Can you suggest one?

And what If I want to replace the wifi card myself. Is it easy to do? Will the guarantee be void if I open myself?
Options

415 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

139 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-17, 16:56 PM

Hi 

USB wifi adapter may work but there's no guarantee. 

Back up everything that is important from your computer and perform a system reset. if the problem still persists after that then it just simply means that there's something wrong with your wireless card and it's your choice if your want to send it to Lenovo for WiFi Card replacement or to have the computer replaced from where you bought it  from if you are still under the grace period for their return or exchange policy.

For your reference on how to replace the wireless card, click on the link below.

https://download.lenovo.com/lts/RCNW1870/FOF/RCNW1870-Ideapad-S340_REM_FRU_08_WirelessLANCard.mp4

Since you are under warranty I recommend you contacting Lenovo to have your computer serviced for Wifi Card replacement.

Regards​

Jhay02_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete