cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teos
Paper Tape
Views: 579
Message 1 of 5

ideapad U310 keyboard problem. (numericwise) Only 5 and 6 works, rest fails.

I borrowed this laptop from my son and noticed that on numeric side, only 5 and 6 work but the others fail.

bios is current  65CNWW

uninstalled keyboard drivers and reboot,  not solved.

some mention right side altgr , ctrl,  and windows or fn key ,  not solved.

before considering hardware failure, is there any other option that i can test ?

all the best.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 561
Message 2 of 5

Re: ideapad U310 keyboard problem. (numericwise) Only 5 and 6 works, rest fails.

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

I would try plugging in a USB keyboard.  If that works without problems then I would suspect the laptop's keyboard is at fault. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

teos
Paper Tape
Views: 559
Message 3 of 5

Re: ideapad U310 keyboard problem. (numericwise) Only 5 and 6 works, rest fails.

Thanks, I'll try if I can find one and feedback, might take sometime though, since I dont have any :-)

teos
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 4 of 5

Logitech Y-RAK73  keyboard works perfectly. So, is it hardware ?  :-(

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 385
Message 5 of 5

You could trying reseating the ribbon cable for the keyboard to see if that makes a difference.  There is always the slight chance of a poor connection.   If that doesn't work then I again suspect the keyboard has failed and needs to be replaced. 

Fortunately for older systems, sellers like eBay and Amazon offer replacement keyboards at a reasonable price.  Here is the U.S. replacement U310 keyboards are in the $10 to $12 (US) price range. 

Your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to remove your existing keyboard for the replacement. Because you will need to remove the fan and heatsink to access the keyboard screws, you will need to also have some thermal paste for the reassembly of the heatsink.  If you are not comfortable working inside your laptop then see if a local repair center will replace the keyboard for you.

Here is a link to that manual for your reference.......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_u310_u410_hmm_1st_edition_mar_2012_english....

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals