Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-26-2012

Holland

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 3

ideapad u410 screen won't auto dim after set time.

2012-08-26, 18:23 PM

Hi,

I just bought an ideapad u410 and am still getting used to it.

I trie to get the auto dim feature that's in the powermanagement setting to work, but it does not seem to get triggered.

The button's to do it manually work so its possible, but i like it to be automatic aswell. 

Using Google i found some references to the same problem, that was fixed by updating the drivers of the screen & the videocard. Only thing is that i can't install the update that the NVIDIA says are available for this card.

any one has encountered this problem aswel? or knows an fix?

Options

833 Posts

04-14-2012

İstanbul

856 Signins

12746 Page Views

• Views: 12746
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ideapad u410 screen won't auto dim after set time.

2012-08-27, 10:53 AM

wrote:

Hi,

I just bought an ideapad u410 and am still getting used to it.

I trie to get the auto dim feature that's in the powermanagement setting to work, but it does not seem to get triggered.

The button's to do it manually work so its possible, but i like it to be automatic aswell. 

Using Google i found some references to the same problem, that was fixed by updating the drivers of the screen & the videocard. Only thing is that i can't install the update that the NVIDIA says are available for this card.

any one has encountered this problem aswel? or knows an fix?

Hi,

have you tried updating the drivers from the Lenovo site

for your model?

Options

1 Posts

01-12-2013

Elwood City

5 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ideapad u410 screen won't auto dim after set time.

2013-01-13, 3:07 AM

From my experience, my auto-dim didn't work also and I found out these were the issues:

*****Note that these issues apply to the u410s that run Windows 7****

Issue 1:  For those who had McAfee preinstalled onto their laptop when they first turned on their computer, you may have noticed that when you had uninstalled the program, the mcagent.exe was still in the notifications area.  

To get rid of it, I searched up some answers on google and many have said that the process of going through the computer's registry and deleting "IconStreams" and "PastIconStream" will do the trick.  DO NOT DO THIS!  DO NOT MESS WITH THE REGISTRY!  I found that my auto-dim stopped working because of this.

Issue 2: In the optional section of the windows update, there is an update called....

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

(Size: 57.3MB)

When I had also installed this update onto my u410, this prevented the auto-dim from working afterwords.

To simply undo this update, go to system restore.  Restore your computer to an earlier date or time when you had not installed this update yet.  Basically, going back to the time when the computer was running perfectly before you installed the update.

For those who have just installed it, there should be a reconmmended option where it says it will undo the updates you've just installed and stuff.   

Hope this helps!  And to give a heads up to those who are planning to go through the registry to get rid of the McAfee notifications icon.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms