cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deipaulo
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 1 of 4

lenovo s21e-20 touchpad and airplane mode fn keys are not working after reinstalling windows 8.1

i installed all updates in windows 8.1 and all the intel drivers. i think its hardware block but i don't know how to fix it. pls help me.It's been 2 days and i still can't fix it. i followed everything on how to manage it but nothing works

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 345
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo s21e-20 touchpad and airplane mode fn keys are not working after reinstalling windows 8.1

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Since you did a re-install of Windows 8.1, did you install the Chipset driver?  That driver needs to be the first one install so that the operating system can correctly install the remaining hardware drivers.  After installing the Chipset driver reboot your computer and then install the Airplane Mode and Touchpad driver.

Chipset

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-S-SERIES-LAPTOPS/S21E-20/down...

Airplane Mode

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-S-SERIES-LAPTOPS/S21E-20/down...

Touchpad

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

deipaulo
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 3 of 4

Re: lenovo s21e-20 touchpad and airplane mode fn keys are not working after reinstalling windows 8.1

when i installed the touchpad driver it says "no appropriate driver to be installed" btw thanks for replying

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 322
Message 4 of 4

I don't know what to tell you about that error message.  The driver I had listed is the only touchpad driver available for your model.  Does Microsoft's Windows Update website by chance list a touchpad driver under the Optional downloads?  If so, give that one a try. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors