Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecilop
Paper Tape
Views: 512
Message 1 of 4

lenovo s510p and USB port not working stable

I'm having USB issues with my s510p, i tried under win7, win8, and now win10.  

My iPhone will connect/disconnec one secondt, my any usb device work on only verry shot cable. but it works normaly on my other laptop.  I had problem in new laptop. Or do I have to wait for a fix from Lenovo?

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 474
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo s510p and USB port not working stable

Hi Ecilop,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the USB not working in your Lenovo S510p laptop.

Try to update the USB drivers and check for the issue.

Click here for the USB driver for windows 7.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 466
Message 3 of 4

hi ecilop,

In addition to what our problem might be similar to this thread.

If you're using a genuine iPhone cable then it's possible that there's a problem with the port especially if the problem persist on both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.

Other things that you can try:

1. Open Device Manager > Universal serial bus controller USB Root Hub (right click > choose Properties) and ensure the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.

2. If you're using the USB 3.0 ports, uninstal the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller .from the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers to refresh the port.

If you're using the USB 2.0, uninstall all USB Root Hub and observe.

3. If the problem remains, reinsert the USB device (phone or mouse) into the USB 2.0/3.0 port but don't completely plug it in (leave about 1-2mm before it fully contacts the port) and see if the connection stabilize (this is to check if there's a connection issue on the USB port).

If none of the above steps helps then you will need to contact the lenovo helpdesk and report your findings as you likely need to send the unit for service.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ecilop
Paper Tape
Views: 456
Message 4 of 4

I still have problem. I tried to remove drivers.... Connector is not have any problem. 

I have an issue with my IdeaPad S510Pusb 2.0 devices connected to usb 3.0 ports are costantly reconnected. USB 3.0 HDD working just fine, but I can't access my smartphone content. Wireless mouse connected to usb 2.0 port rarelly disconnected if I touch the receiver. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors