Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumanthd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,633
Message 1 of 16

lenovo s510p touch top cover broken, top cover needed very urgently

i bought my lenovo ideapad s510p touch from usa in dec 2013, i only hav upgraded warranty.,  

recently my laptop's TOP COVER  has broken i need the part very urgently please any one can help meee please Smiley Sad 

LENOVO IDEAPAD S510P TOUCH TOP COVER ('a' COVER)

Link to picture/image

Link to picture/image

Link to picture/image

Link to picture/image

NEEDED VERY URGENTLY CAN ANYONE HELP ME PARTS ALSO NOT AVALIABLE SAID BY SERVICE CENTERS

Mod comment: Over sized pictures converted to links. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

krishnareddykat
Paper Tape
Views: 8,450
Message 2 of 16

Re: lenovo s510p touch top cover broken, top cover needed very urgently

hi sumanth same i had also bought lenovo s510p from usa and me too had same problem.Lenovo people are asking 4500 for back panel .

sumanthd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,395
Message 3 of 16

where you find that bro..! could you please provide address
sumanthd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,395
Message 4 of 16

have you checked my laptops pictures of broken top cover

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 8,365
Message 5 of 16

Some posts have been removed.

Please do not post private information in these forums.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

mademoss
What's DOS?
Views: 8,303
Message 6 of 16

I have the S510p  Touch.  The cover has cracked at the hinges and the right hinge is broken. Cover has also separated from the screen.  It has never been dropped or treated roughly.  It is just outside of warrenty.    This has apparently been a common problem amoung the different Lenovo products,  It is not worth what Lenovo would charge for their service work.  The price of a hinge and cover would be at least $140 plus shipping and tax, again not worth it. It  took me all morning to get this information and I was transferred more times than I can count.  I guess I will pretend it is a desk top computer until it quits working.  It is for sure I can't move it without risking it falling apart completely.  I will not buy a Lenovo product again, quality of product is lacking and their customer is terrible.  If this helps anyone, the part numbers I finally got were 90203871 for the hinge and conflicting numbers for the cover, either 90204776, 90203869 or 90203884.  I didn't pursue it further because it wasn't worth the price.  If you search for the Hardware Maintenance Manual Page 83 will give you parts info.

Mark_F
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,215
Message 7 of 16

I have this issue too.  I have the IdeaPad S510p Touch, Model #  WB03081701, which was bought at Office Depot in Jan 2014, just about 18 months ago. The right hinge cracked, and then I noticed micro fractures around the hinge in the top case.  Now I am also noticing that the case has micro fractures on the left side as well.  I called Tech Support and they  said that it is out of warranty.  This is my only computer and I use it for business, so I am not sure how to proceed.  

At first I thought this was a one off problem since I have never had this problem before on any laptop.  However, from the other posts I am seeing, many people have this issue, so it sounds like it might be an engineering design flaw. From what I can tell, the repair costs can be quite substantial, and Lenovo couldn't even tell me what the total costs would be if I sent it to them.

I noticed that Amy_Lenovo has been fielding these inquiries.  Could you please contact me and advise me of what I should do next to try to get it repaired?  Is there any possibility that Lenovo would repair this as a warranty issue?

My email is xxxxx.

Thank you.

Mark_F

Moderator comment: Email address(es) removed to defeat spambots.

jenskrabbe
What's DOS?
Views: 8,052
Message 8 of 16

2y4life
Paper Tape
Views: 7,980
Message 9 of 16

This is very disappointing as I have been a Lenovo user since 2006 with the T60p, then in 2010 with the Thinkpad Edge which I gave away to a student who needed a laptop and I purchased the S510p in November 2013. Within a month and a half, the buttons started to stick, the spacebar stopped working and it was covered under warranty so I received a new unit in January 2014 which is this current unit. By June 2015, 17 months after normal usage, small cracks started to appear in the corners (just like the pictures in the thread posted above. Now it has progressed and the left hinge is broken and it is hard to open and close the laptop, not to mention because of the hinge being broken, the laptop goes to "sleep" with every little movement.

Again, this issue is not isolated and as a dedicated Lenovo customer, I hope Lenovo is able to help all of us with this issue by fixing the covers of our laptop because this laptop is still in tip top shape, fast as it was when I got it but the cover is seems to not have been made well. I hope that an admin or customer service/support will read this as I tried to send an email out tonight but apparently the servers were down. Below are comments as well as links to others having the same issue

Read the review by "Ma" posted May 22, 2015.

Bought this product in March of 2014. April of 2015 the top cover cracked at the hinges, the hinge broke and the cover and screen separated. Lenovo would like to say this computer was dropped (it wasn't) or treated roughly (again, no). They apparently have had this problem with other products as well. Cost of repair is not worth it. Still works for now but I don't dare move it at all for fear it will fall apart completely. In addition, though everyone I spoke to at Lenovo was polite, no one could actually help at all and it took me all morning to navigate their phone system, with a lot of wrong information Would not ever buy Lenovo product again

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo%C2%AE-59385906-Computer-Touch-Screen-Processor/product-reviews/B00H5A96...

Read the review by "Luke Darling" posted August 12, 2015

This was my first laptop, and I must say, it was a traumatizing experience. After a few months, the back of the screen's bezel started cracking near the hinges, at no fault of mine. Now the screen is completely detached. I treated this laptop like a baby, and was always very careful with it. My sister's did the same thing even sooner. I'm never buying a Lenovo product again.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo%C2%AE-59390911-Computer-Touch-Screen-Processor/product-reviews/B00HP8EO...

Your customer,

Tou

2y4life
Paper Tape
Views: 7,813
Message 10 of 16

Anyone from Lenovo still come here?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale