Did you mean: 
UDAYGK1010
Paper Tape
Views: 8,274
Message 31 of 43

Re: lenovo z580 won't work. Boot menu/App menu pops up

I am using windows 7 home.

Can someone suggest what i need to do.

So when I turn on my lenovo z580 laptop I get this menu box up as seen below in a black background. I've played around with the menu and I get nothing. However today is the day it's decided to stay put and I have no idea what to do. This is very frustrating. Please help!

NaniMvelase
What's DOS?
Views: 7,312
Message 32 of 43

Re: lenovo u410 won't work. Boot menu/App menu pops up

Good Day,

I have the similar problem I have tried all the solutions that you have provided above, using the Novo button menu pressing and holding FN + F9 nothing happens, I need assistance. I tried the options on Novo Menu all the them besides BIO'S Setup take me back to the boot or app menu, BIOS setup takes me to Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup. 

It's a Lenovo G850, windows 8

JPG image removed.

Mod's Edit: BIOS screen jpg image removed as it showed your model's serial number.  Serial numbers are prohibited from posts for the protection of our members.  Please edit out the serial number if you wish to repost the image.  Thanks!

KevinBK
What's DOS?
Views: 7,155
Message 33 of 43

Hi. It seems these problems are going on and on. Since yesterday, after reinstalling a crashed Windows. Suddenly the boot menu appeared and reappeared every time. No need to tell me the Windows wasn't reinstalled as it should, I've been doing these kinds of things for over 25 years.

However, to me what solved the problem is to chance the UEFI boot to Legacy, also to make sure that the legacy boot becomes the primary. On our Lenovo, this automatically disables the Safe Boot option which is now set to Normal. Whatever I care the option, my Windows installation booted up again and the problem was gone.

So maybe to the past and future people who have or will encouter this problem, this trick might work for you as well and you shouldn't be stuck for long or thinking to send in your machine.

Saroj278114
What's DOS?
Views: 6,214
Message 34 of 43

Okey! Here is the solution.

1. Boot up computer.
  2. Press F2 -> press Enter -> press F1.
  3. This should take you to the BIOS screen. Select Security -> select Secure Boot -> set to Disable -> select Start Up -> select UEFI/Legacy Boot -> set to Legacy Only -> press F10.
  4. Once you press F10, after the reboot press F12.
  5. You should now be at the boot menu. Select PCI LAN.
  6. Press Enter.
  7. This should bring up a screen with the Intel Network Boot Agent. Simultaneously press Function and P (on some Lenovo ThinkPad models, this will be the same as pressing Pause|Break). If you have Pause|Break press that.
  8. Press Enter.
  9. This should go to failure, then go to the boot menu.

Enjoy!

Niy1
What's DOS?
Views: 6,020
Message 35 of 43

I just got my Lenovo X1 Carbon about 2 months ago, and was working well until 2-3 days ago when it could no longer boot up and got stuck to Boot Menu/App Menu screen. 

I tried everything i know and what posted online but didn't work.

But fortunately for me, I tried your suggestions and went to bios setting, under security tab, went to secure boot and disabled it, then under storage tab changed the option UEFI/Legacy Boot to Legacy Only. Press F10 to save and exit. After this, my machine started working smoothly and sweatlessly.

Thanks so much.

arnav7633
What's DOS?
Views: 5,989
Message 36 of 43

I have the answer shut down your PC then press the move button then choose bios then go to boot then change from uefi to legacy then save and exit it will not show to message and normally boot this fixed my PC it was a Lenovo ideapad
Shak4U
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,069
Message 37 of 43

Some tihing happen to my lenovo laptop . When ever i am turning it power on i am seeing half black screen and half blue+Gray writen 1st Boot Menu and 2nd Application Menu. In 1st Boot Menu section i can see three option [1]st => ATAPI CD1 : SLimtype DVD A DS8A9SH. And 2nd option is => ATA HDD1 : HGST HTS725050A7E630.And 3rd option is => PCI LAN. And In Applicaion menu section there are also three option 1st one is=> Setup and 2nd one is=> Diagnostic Splash Screen and 3rd and last option is => Lenovo Diagnostics.IMG-20170926-WA0030.jpgIMG-20170926-WA0031.jpgIMG-20170926-WA0032.jpgIMG-20170926-WA0033.jpg

Image Removed

IMG-20170926-WA0035.jpgIMG-20170926-WA0036.jpg

Mod's Edit: Image removed for owner's protection as it showed the serial number of the computer.  Please edit out the serial number if you wish to repost that image.  Thanks!

Highlighted
sahilgupta
What's DOS?
Views: 3,588
Message 38 of 43

Finally it worked for me....

just disable the secure boot and in the boot menu Select UEFI/Legacy Boot as Legacy Only and finally save and restart the laptop.

Its working now..........I am very happy to post this for everyone here.Capture.JPGSave and restart it

Thanks in advance

Ibrahim12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,398
Message 39 of 43

Hello i have read all of these possible solutions to this problem and i h

ave tried them all and nothing is working it just takes me to boot menu everytime i turn on my computer if someone could help me that would be great.

RandyBeaty
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,239
Message 40 of 43

Re: lenovo u410 won't work. Boot menu/App menu pops up SOLVED

I was getting the same boot screen and it would not go farther.  Tried booting with a recovery usb, but it would not recover or repair.  Tried changing bios settings but nothing worked.

We then took the back off, unplugged then re-plugged the SSD drive and all is well. 

Evidently the connector to the SSD is an issue.

I know this is an old thread, but this might help someone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors