Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davisonkb
What's DOS?
Views: 437
Message 1 of 2

loss of bluetooth with windows 10

I have a U260 and updated to Windows  10 about a year ago after incessent notifications. I recently recieved a gift of a very nice pair of bluetooth speakers. When I tried to pair them I couldn't. I searched for the bluetooth, it wasn't there; I read all the threads, ended up downloading the lenovo bluetooth driver only to learn its not compatibile with Windows 10. Is there any solution here other than reverting back to Windows 7 or 8.1? If I bought a bluetooth dongle would it work or would Windows 10 cut off that avenue too? 

Anyway, I'm looking for help. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 382
Message 2 of 2

Re: loss of bluetooth with windows 10

Hello and welcome,

Is your Win 10 install an in-place update from the previous OS, or a clean install?

I've got a U260 running Win 10 Home.  Bluetooth works fine - just tested it with a mouse.

I don't think I ever tested bluetooth with the initial '10 install, which was an update.  There were enough other issues that I replaced the update with a Win 10 clean install, and things work much better.  Bluetooth may be one of those things, can't say for sure.

[edit to add] An OS reinstall might be a little extreme if bluetooth is the only issue.  Device manager shows my U260's bluetooth device as "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" and the driver is listed as Microsoft: 10.0.14393.479.

Have you tried letting Device Manager search for a driver?  Or uninstalling the one that's currently in place (if there is one) and rebooting?

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors