Options

19 Posts

01-11-2013

new york

46 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 1 of 4

new condition baffling mouse cursor freezes if I put it on a flat surface even with ac plugged in

2013-01-17, 1:21 AM

Hi all

I am now really stumped.  Here is the situation

ac adaptor plugged in mouse freezes

UNTIL I plug in WIRED and working lan cable.

if I unplug the lan cable from the router the mouse cursor freezes.

NOW that would be strange enough BUT if I unplug the LAN cable the mouse freezes again as expected UNTIL I lift up the S10 ( doesn't matter how I do it) the mouse starts to work again!!!! with the ac plugged in. So now you are all thinking it's the ac socket !!! nope thought about that and it's got nothing to do with it.   The mouse freezes the moment I put the computer down on a flat surface or even near it.

It's as if the bloody thing is effected by proximity to a mass ? anyone got any ideas

Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: new condition baffling mouse cursor freezes if I put it on a flat surface even with ac plugged i

2013-01-21, 19:49 PM

Hi majorkong,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums.

From the description of your problem, I would just like to clarify if the mouse works without the AC adapter plugged in when the system is lifted away from a flat surface? If you just plug in the Lan Cable while the system is placed on a flat surface does the mouse works?

For further isolation, can you try to see if the issue occurs if the S10 unit is placed on a different surface.  Try it on top of a book, a wooden table, anything that would be insulated.  Check if this works with the AC adapter plugged and Lan cable plugged and vice versa.

Another to look at would be to reseat the touchpad and microphone connections located under the palmrest of the unit.  Also this could also be a good opportunity to clean the palmrest where the touchpad (integrated mouse) assembly is at. Here is the link for the maintenance manual (S10). Please PM me your machine type so I can the appropriate information for the system.

Hope this is helpful.

Don 

Options

19 Posts

01-11-2013

new york

46 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: new condition baffling mouse cursor freezes if I put it on a flat surface even with ac plugged i

2013-01-21, 21:43 PM

Hey Don_ty

thanks for looking into this for me.

I took the whole assembly out and reseated everything properly ( at least it looks ok).  Here is my problem with the cable been faulty, not doubting you just a question, when I lift the laptop up everything is ok but when I set it down the mouse freezes?  That can't possibly be the cable can it?   Here is another clue, I can use it on my lap BUT the mouse is jerky to respond as if there is some delay.  So just to make sure we know what is happening

1 the mouse works if the AC and the lan cable are plugged in.

2 the mouse works if the laptop is not connected to anything ( no ac or lan)

3 the mouse works if the lan cable is plugged in ( no ac)

4 the mouse works if the AC and LAN are plugged in and held in mid air.

the machine type is 4231

any ideas?

thanks

majorkong

Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-01-22, 1:26 AM

Hi majorkong,

Additional ideas are possible shorts internal to the system.  I definitely have a reason to believe that the unit has a hardware problem.  This is either through the touchpad, touchpad cable, or on the motherboard.

As I see here you have already communicated with us before.  Here is your previous thread with us.

Have a good night.

Don

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete