Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fleurdelis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,159
Message 1 of 4

os language problem how to change to english and partition drive

Hello,

I am a student in Finland and I bought the laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S10e, 2 days ago, from Finland, I would like to ask 2 questions:

1: the language of the OS (Windows Home edition) is finnish and, as I don't speak finnish, I would to know if there is a possibility to change the language into english.

and

2:  how can I patition the hard drive in 2: on one partition (CSmiley Happy to have the system and on the second to store data
Is it still posible to restore the system to it's original settings with function F11 if I have 2 partitions instead of only one?

thank you very much for your help

Retired Guru
Views: 2,140
Message 2 of 4

Re: os language problem how to change to english and partition drive

Welcome to the forums fleurdelis,

1) If you want to have Windows XP in English, you will need an English installation disk. There is absolutely no way to change the user interface from Finnish to English. There are Multilingual User Interface installation packages to change from English to other languages.

2) If you plan on repartition the hard drive, don't expect to be able to recover to the factory preinstalled state. The backup image is locked to the specific partition size from which it was created. If you modify the partition in any way, you lose the recovery feature.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
fleurdelis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,098
Message 3 of 4

Re: Recovery Feature ( F11 ) does not work

thank you very much for your help

My recovery feature does not work ( i tried a lot using F11 ) so,  i still want to change my OS with  Windows XP in English, i have a CD with license, and i want to know how to install it from a Flash USB,  in that case , i suppose, there is a possibility to repartition my hard drive ,I will be grateful if you can help.
Retired Guru
Views: 2,085
Message 4 of 4

Re: Recovery Feature ( F11 ) does not work

This might be of interest to you. [Courtesy of EEEGuides.com]

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors