Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM9
Paper Tape
Views: 970
Message 1 of 1

"Stereo Mix" was available before, but no longer on new Windows install

I am currently using the Ideapad S10 with Windows 7 Ultimate x86, using the onboard sound device.

Last year, running Windows 7 RC 7100, I was able to use the "Stereo Mix"/"What-U-Hear" option by installing the Realtek HD Audio drivers and selecting "Show disabled devices/"Show disconnected devices".

I'm now running on a different install of Windows. I completed the same steps, but stereo mix does not show up in the "Recording" tab in the sound control panel this time. I've tried this with several drivers, including Microsoft's default driver, the Windows 7 and Xp ones provided by Lenovo, and the Windows 7 driver provided by Realtek (from their website). None of them worked. I perused the Realtek HD audio manager, but there were a lack of options. From the recording tab in the Realtek manager, I selected (from "device advanced settings") "Seperate all input jacks as independent input devices". Now, the line-in jack appeared in the windows recording CP, but still no stereo mix.

I've been unable to find more information to solve this problem on the internet.  The general consensus is that if the stereo mix option doesn't show up after installing official drivers and enabling hidden devices, then it isn't supported by the sound card. But I know it worked before...I must be missing something. I know there are software alternatives, but I think finding a way to use the stereo mix would be the most elegant solution, especially using Audacity. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals