Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leo125
Serial Port
Views: 3,525
Message 1 of 2

s10-3t : automatic driver updates and BIOS update

Dear Lenovo experts!

I purchased my s10-3t in November 2010. Initially I got problem with the secondary portrait orientation in the tablet mode, but complete reinstallation (as kindly advised by yigit at this forum) of the system (Windows 7) using Onekey Recovery solved the problem. If somebody is interested, please see my messages of December 2010. Since then my laptop works perfectly.

Now I have two additional simple (I hope so) questions:

1) For my another Lenovo laptop, Thinkpad T400, I got a program called ThinkVantage Productivity Center, which is able (along with many other functions) to automatically update the system. It scans the system and suggests to update drivers, BIOS and other Lenovo programs where applicable. Does anything similar exist for s10-3t? It looks  to be a sad and time-consuming procedure to check manually all the drivers at this page compare them to the existing drivers at my system and to manually update where needed.

2) I found here not few posts reporting problems after BIOS update. Is it worth trying to update the BIOS if my s10-3t works perfectly with the old one? The parameters of my system are:

BIOS:  Lenovo 24CN61WW  11-Aug-10

SMBIOS 2.5

System model: 20040M18

Windows 7 (32bit)

Thank you.

link fixed

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,507
Message 2 of 2

Re: s10-3t : automatic driver updates and BIOS update