Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackpepper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,157
Message 1 of 10

s10 Bluetooth with nokia pc suite

I'm a new user of s10, and very happy with this laptop. after A long time waiting, finally I got it by last Friday. So happy with the model and perform. But when after i install nokia pc suite last night a problem came , when i try to connect it, pair both of the device. the s10 bluetooth software take the process of pairing, the pairing process completed without problem, but after the paring there show a dialouge box tell "cannot authenticate the phone" so the phone can't connect with the pc suite.

can anybody help me to fix this problem??? i already try to uninstall the s10 bluetooth software, and change it with the new blue soleil program, but the blue soleil cannot find the bluetooth hardware. same with the broadcom bluetooth software, that tell me cannot find bluetooh hardware.

so what i must done to make the the phone connected, don't make me disappointed with this s10 because of this small technical problem.

thanks for your help and attention

best regards

blackpepper

Scottyinco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,124
Message 2 of 10

Re: s10 Bluetooth with nokia pc suite

At least you got bluetooth with yours. Smiley Happy  Here in the USA, they advertised they had bluetooth, and not one has been shipped with bluetooth.  The USA site even says bluetooth is available on select models, but no models have it.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

Hope you get your issue figured out, though.

blackpepper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,114
Message 3 of 10

thanks for the reply. maybe i have advantage with bluetooth like you say. i buy this one at malaysia, beacause the price for computer is very low beside other country in asia. but i waiting 3 weeks for the black one.

by this week i like to upgrade my ram to 2g, and hope can custom my hd partion

yeah i hope any one can solve my problem...
crash74
Paper Tape
Views: 5,017
Message 4 of 10

Hi blackpepper,..

I managed to solved this issue by removing the original driver and software, and used the microsoft bluetooth stack.

1. Remove all bt driver under device manager

2. Remove bluetooth program, if any. In your case it will be the soleil

3. Browse to c:\windows\inf (hidden folder), and copy bth.inf to any folder as backup.

4. open bth.inf with notepad, after the ;------------- Device section - Start ----------------------- line. you can choose any of the device, and change the value to "USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2150" without quote.

e.g

[Broadcom.NT.5.1]
Blutonium BCM2035 Bluetooth 2.4 GHz Single Chip Transceiver= BthUsb, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_200A
BCM2033 Bluetooth 2.4 GHz Single Chip Transceiver= BthUsb, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_200F
BCMNokia Bluetooth = BthUsb, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2150 (you can name the device as your desire, i named it BCMNokia)

save and closed the bth.inf

5. Go to device manager, scan for hardware change and you should be install it with the ms bluetooth stack driver.

cheeers,..

Message Edited by crash74 on 11-04-2008 01:09 AM
blackpepper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,971
Message 5 of 10

thx bro, i already test and it's work, now my s10 can connect with my nokia phone...

yeah almost perfect s10 with good bluetooth works and 2g of mushkin ram...

maybe this oot, do you use s1 too?? how about your s10 bro?? actually now i search leather case for s10, do you know brand that produce the leather case??

crash74
Paper Tape
Views: 4,946
Message 6 of 10

glad it works for ur s10...

Pardon me for not knowing s1, u mean s9? S10 is my 1st netbook for the last 10 years, bought it due the work requirement.

think cant help on ur leather case thingy. but if you not particular about the brand. you can find lots of nice one in singapore..

cheers,... 

surendarb
What's DOS?
Views: 4,875
Message 7 of 10

I had the same issue with my lenovo s10. Now I am able to connect using Nokia PC suite.  Thanks crash74 for the solution
blackpepper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,806
Message 8 of 10

opps, sorry my typing failure, i mean s10. glad to hear there is a lot of leather case for s10 in singapore, because it's a little bit hard to get it in malaysia, actually i'm still looking for the pdair one.

by the way, can i use the bluetooth with "ivt bluesoleil program"? i already install the program, but when i try to start bluetooth, the program says "can't find bluetooth device".

actually the bluetooth now can perform normal but after i change with microsoft driver the bluetooth can't detect my razer pro click mobile battery indicator

hope you can help me

parakletos
What's DOS?
Views: 3,934
Message 9 of 10

Hi crash74

I have just bought my s10 and same thing here. I cannot pair my N81 bluetooth with my s10. I have called the Lenovo Support Centre and they have yet to give me a solution after a week.

I would like to try out your solution.  But I do not know how to uninstall the Broadcomm drivers and to replace it with MS bluetooth stack. 

As for the insertion of the text in bth.inf that should not be a problem.  Only the abovementioned.

Thanks

Parakletos

leonuys
Paper Tape
Views: 3,867
Message 10 of 10

Re Nokia-S10-Bluetoooth - It doesn't work. For me. I've been trying for two days now, every combination of the above instructions. Also similar details from other forums. Symptom: Nokia Suite says Phone Not Authenticated.

My E71 connects via cable, and it pairs using bluetooth. It is definitely connected i.e. you can use OBEX from the S10.

The BT seems to be BroadComm chipset. I am very comfortable editing .inf files and I had no problem making various changes to the bth.inf file, followed by deleting and/or uninstalling the BT devices in Device Manager. When checking for new hardware it picks up the new device and installs drivers as expected. The question remains though: HOW do I check whether it is BCM or MS drivers? I cannot tell from the forum how to determine or direct that.

My S10 comes with internal BT, so I cannot unplug. I can switch on/off. I've taken out firewall and AV software, no luck.

So, back to the drawing board - can anybody give me some advice  where to go now? My lovely S10 BT doesn't work!

L

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors