Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGIANNAKOS
Paper Tape
Views: 654
Message 1 of 4

s400 touch charges until 60% and stops / displays plugged in not charging

I bought the Lenovo s400 touch last August.

The laptop doesn't charge more than 60%. It says plugged in no charging.

Any suggestions how to resolve this. Its really not handy at all since it only leaves you with 1.5 hours of battery life. Also it might suddenly discharge if the battery goes lower than 30 %.

thanks in advance

altairlage
Blue Screen Again
Views: 611
Message 2 of 4

Re: s400 touch charges until 60% and stops / displays plugged in not charging

In the icons on your task bar (in the side of the clock) you will find the icon of the energy management software. I don't remember the app's name, but is related to energy management.

In my case, is an red icon with a bike, a car or a plane.

Open this software. This software controls the performance plans of your notebook. There's two options of battery configuration: 1- maximize battery life time, or maximum battery duration.

Select "maximum battery duration".

All the names I used are just an example, because I don't realy remember the functions real names. And I'm in my job right now. Smiley Happy

The "maximize battery life time" option makes your notebook load the battery just until the 60%. Setting the another option your notebook will load until the maximum.

Sorry for my bad english.

Highlighted
AGIANNAKOS
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 3 of 4

Hallo

thank you for your reply. It worked and now it can charge till 100%. Still not very satisfied with the battery duration of this touchscreen laptop but hey it costs 500 euros so cant really complaint i think. I also did a battery gauge through the lenovo energy manager and i think it helped the battery perfom better.

Thanks again

mickismail
Paper Tape
Views: 386
Message 4 of 4

Thanks that was very helpful

I had that problem after upgrading my machine to windows 10 and initialy thought I had to have a new battery. Anyway it works now and its charging to ubove the 60% now 74%.

For windows 10 you will find the icon required within the additional icons (on botton right screen) 'show hidden icons' tag and select the 'Red Car' Energy management.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors