Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovodellkillr
What's DOS?
Views: 4,874
Message 31 of 101

Re: s405/s400 screen brightness issue after downgrading to windows 7

Same happened here, just bought this laptop because my dell died as the integrated VGA went kaput, and thought after paid the money and installed every driver things will get better, but it got much worse, overall display darker with the intel HD driver after restart.WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING AT LENOVO??????This is ridiculous. Seriously im switching back to PC because this is total non sense, we do not want touchpads and win8 just a 100% working laptop.I'm so fed up.Obviously Lenovo does not have a clue what's going on and we can sell our laptop to buy another brand bought by the Chinese.

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 4,862
Message 32 of 101

Re: dim display on s405, any solution so far?

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience and understanding. I spoke to the teams working on this issue and they have concluded with these results.

"There are 101 steps on brightness setting in Win8 OS, but it only has 16 steps for Win7. That’s why there is dim display issue. Based on the company policy and strategy, Lenovo only provide the mini support on this kind of compatibility issue, and will not do the program update.

Windows 8 fully supports Windows 7 application. And there is no hardware defect on this issue. Once the machine is restored by Windows 8 recovery media, its original brightness will be resumed."

Currently there is a tip released to the public. This can be confirmed from the link below.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT076504

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,847
Message 33 of 101

there's a solution for the display issue and may work for your systems, too. please, give a shot :

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-S-series-Netbooks/S405-dim-display/m-p/1005565#M16920

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
incydeu
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,840
Message 34 of 101

Quote: "Based on the company policy and strategy, Lenovo only provide the mini support on this kind of compatibility issue, and will not do the program update."

Well thats... Unfortunate.

Due to my purchasing strategy for my personal and corporate purchases, I will no longer purchase Lenovo products.

lenovodellkillr
What's DOS?
Views: 4,816
Message 35 of 101

What you wrote in the article is a complete lie Mr Leonvo, as I have been using win7 since 5 days and only got time to update the display drivers yesterday night, and when restarted the whole screen was darker. So how come, with basic win7 installation without any drivers (with BIOS win8 running right) I did not have anny display issues. Only after the update, you wrote a nice virus there guys, well done. It was upposed to make things better not worse. Now removing the intel HD driver compeltely and reinstalling the default one (automatic) does not help either.

The level of customer service is rediculous, how is do you even think you will be able to maintain a company's good name in a manner you take things, it's like communism, you must like win8 or take a hike. Is this thing like switching from DOS to Windows thing?I would not think  there can such compatibility issues like we were living in 1995.

What the most annoying thing is that it worked for me 5 days well before the update took place, this confirms you can run win7 fine if you do not install this virus.But it overwrites some system files so deep it can not be redone. Like win 8 wanted to knock out it's competitor, which is win7? What I would suggest as a total amateur, the original windows 7 graphics settings could be packed into a fix file, but not some blokes fix, sorry, who offers help sending over God knows what via mail. Please take this issue seriously, my fathers company where he is working is planning to update their whole comp system and I think I have no other option to suggest him avoid lenovo brand at all costs, because they don't give a **bleep** about their customers, and you can be assured I will spread the word amongst friends they should avoid Lenovo, and there are minimum 25 guys more out there with the same problem, do you think they think otherwise?

twqwctf
Punch Card
Views: 4,800
Message 36 of 101

lenovodellkillr:  did you try a System Restore to previous time to see if you can revert back in time and undo the install of the drivers?

Also why were you motivated to update the display driver in the 1st place? just curious.. thanks.

lenovodellkillr
What's DOS?
Views: 4,781
Message 37 of 101

I don't have a system restore point, besides someone wrote before formating the hdd and installing a fresh version of win7 did not help either, this update kills the machine.Reinstalling Win8 helps, but I dont want win8.

I ran the laptop with the generic vga driver, dont know if you noticed but if you dont install the touchpad driver it is moving very slow, so installing drivers should always help, and also I thought i would be play diablo 3 on it.

incydeu
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,772
Message 38 of 101

Since we have no choice but to use Windows 8, I have restored and learning to live with it to some degree. I have decided to use this machine to take some games on the road with me. @lenovodellkillr - With Win 8 and all the drivers installed I have been able to play Diablo III just fine. Not at max settings of course, but not at minimum either. Not sure if you tried to play it on Win 7 with the broken driver, but it is working for me on Win 8 with proper drivers. Also playing CoD Black Ops II, Left for Dead 2, Dead Island, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution and more. All play surprisingly great. Thats the one thing I am happy about with this machine. I have never had such a great experience with integrated graphics! I have the AMD A6 with the integrated Radeon video. If you have the Intel based chip, that could be your issue as my integrated intel machines will not play Diablo III.

twqwctf
Punch Card
Views: 4,760
Message 39 of 101

@incydeu: that's an interesting point with regards to Radeon HD 7500G integrated graphics on the S405. 

at one point, I was regretting getting the S405 with AMD as compared to the S400 with Intel. The Core i3 likely outperforms the A6-4455M on these two models. 

But now that you mention it, the AMD Radeon graphics in the S405 have got to be much better than Intel on the S400.

twqwctf

adriancrowson
Paper Tape
Views: 4,745
Message 40 of 101

now thats a shame. I was trying the Lenova products and was thinking of moving away from Dell. Then you get an answer form "NINE" read between the lines...."screw you as your only a person and not a major buyer". Well....as I am the IT buyer for a large company...screw you Lenovo...back to Dell it is.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals