Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikles
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 1 of 3

s410p won't recognize crucial mx100 ssd and slow responding bios

Hello,

I have trouble installing a new ssd in my ideapad s410p laptop. There are two problems that arise when the mx100 is connected via the internal sata port.

First, the laptop is becoming unresponsive and hangs for approximately 10 minutes in the "lenovo" screen I normally see during startup.
Secondly, when I am able to access bios/setup, the mx100 is only sometimes recognized as a hdd.
Via cloning my old hdd to the ssd in another computer, I wont be able to start windows. And when I fomat the ssd again to start clean, the windows 8 installation program is not showing my ssd, not in diskpart and not during the regular installation.

I have triefd bios legacy options but altering options in bios wont do much. And it always cost me around 15 minutes to enter the bios when the ssd is connected.

Without the ssd, everything works fine.

Who has the solution to this frustrating problem? I think it is a uefi/bios bug since the MX100 ssd is working fine in other systems. There is only trouble using the ssd in the ideapad p410p.

Kind regards,
Mikles
mikles
Paper Tape
Views: 561
Message 2 of 3

Re: s410p won't recognize crucial mx100 ssd and slow responding bios

Anyone else? Or someone with a solution?

vanArkelen
What's DOS?
Views: 277
Message 3 of 3

Re: s410p won't recognize crucial mx100 ssd and slow responding bios

Hello,

Are you already a solution? If so what was this? because we have the same problems.

Greatings

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors