Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

01-22-2009

Vancouver, WA

27 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 1 of 5

s510p touchscreen turned into another touchpad

2014-10-17, 13:45 PM

I assume a driver for the non-touch version of this computer is installed on this laptop. My Windows 8.1 screen no longer has side swipe capabilities, pinch, or holding for "right-click". Basically, whenever I touch, a mouse pointer appears. I am only able to scroll with the scoll bars. Any idea which drivers I should look at, or other place to begin to resore functionality?

Answer
Options

16 Posts

01-22-2009

Vancouver, WA

27 Signins

180 Page Views

Re: s510p touchscreen turned into another touchpad

2015-10-06, 10:03 AM

Refined description:: Itermittently, only a small strip on the right hand side of the touchpad would function. Right and left buttons always functioned. The touchscrren always functioned. USB mice always functioned. The situation could sometimes be evoked by messing with the touchpad prior to fully booting the OS.

I tried reloading the Synaptics driver for the 64bit version of Wndows 8.1 at te time of the 2nd post with no change. Being an intermittent issue, trying it in safe mode was not very conclusive.

I resently updated the Synaptics 19.0.9.5 64 bit version for Windows 10 directly from the Synaptics site --  not the  Lenovo version from the Lenovo site. problem is solved - it was a driver issue. I'm surprised I didn't hear more about this issue from others.

I noticed Lenovo now hss the same version number for their driver of the samr type. I'm done toiling with this issue, but I'm curious if anyone else had this problem and if the Lenovo version driver finally did it for them.

Replies(4)
Options

16 Posts

01-22-2009

Vancouver, WA

27 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

2015-07-14, 10:50 AM

Stiil does it once in  while, but less often. Basicalyy tells me this is a crappy laptop with a driver issue 

Options

6882 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29161 Signins

1670363 Page Views

• Views: 1670363
  • Message 3 of 5

2015-07-14, 10:52 AM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 4 of 5

2015-07-15, 9:51 AM

Hi Ewtotem,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with touch screen in your Lenovo S510p laptop.

Try to uninstall the touchpad driver and check for the issue, also boot the system into safe mode and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Answer
Options

16 Posts

01-22-2009

Vancouver, WA

27 Signins

180 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2015-10-06, 10:03 AM

Refined description:: Itermittently, only a small strip on the right hand side of the touchpad would function. Right and left buttons always functioned. The touchscrren always functioned. USB mice always functioned. The situation could sometimes be evoked by messing with the touchpad prior to fully booting the OS.

I tried reloading the Synaptics driver for the 64bit version of Wndows 8.1 at te time of the 2nd post with no change. Being an intermittent issue, trying it in safe mode was not very conclusive.

I resently updated the Synaptics 19.0.9.5 64 bit version for Windows 10 directly from the Synaptics site --  not the  Lenovo version from the Lenovo site. problem is solved - it was a driver issue. I'm surprised I didn't hear more about this issue from others.

I noticed Lenovo now hss the same version number for their driver of the samr type. I'm done toiling with this issue, but I'm curious if anyone else had this problem and if the Lenovo version driver finally did it for them.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms