Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenski
What's DOS?
Views: 124
Message 1 of 1

screen display colors incorrect and images fuzzy

I have an old Lenovo S10e ideapad which I bought here in Japan. I have not used it in a few years, but I wanted to see how well it works now. I turned it on, and it seemed to look just fine. Nice crisp desktop image. I shut it down normally, then turned on later the same day, and the color scheme was awful right from the beginning of bootup.

Instead of a blue background, it was green.

When it reached the desktop screen, all the icons along the side and in the toolbar were blurry/fuzzy. Any image was, such as when I clicked on the START button. What's more, the desktop screen was not the simple one-color background. It resembled a pool of water with many ripples radiating outward, from a hazy green, to a bluish, and finally to a sick pinkish.

I tried adjusting colors, looking at the BIOS screen (also discolored in the same way, not black), manually shutting it off and holding the power button for an additional 15 second, waited 3 minutes after that with a cool machine to start with, and removed and put back the current battery. None of these things have helped.

If it means anything, the charging unit gets very hot.

It functions on internet and other things, but this massive change in display is impossible to work with. I have screen pics taken with my iPhone, but I will wait until asked to attach them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors