cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drinksoy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,767
Message 1 of 5

u330 wireless and bluetooth drivers for windows xp. devices not working. drivers already installed

so i did a fresh instal of windows xp pro sp3.

device manager shows yellow question mark and ! for Network Controller and BCM2046 Bluetooth Device. i have tried using lan to windows update, update drivers, but device manager cannot find anything.

i have installed the 2 broadcom drivers for windows xp listed on lenovos website. i made sure that wireless switch is on, and fn+f5 wireless option is set to on as well.

LAN shows up. and so does the 1394 on the network connections, but no wireless.

(note: on my server 2008 os, the new windows troubleshooting instructed me to turn on a specific service, which then enabled my wireless to work.)

however i cant seem to find a way to get the wireless to work.

Could someone tell me all services exactly need to be enabled for the wireless to work? and why does the network controller still show up on device manager even after i have installed the drivers?

please help, totally lost.

Retired Guru
Views: 4,720
Message 2 of 5

Re: u330 wireless and bluetooth drivers for windows xp. devices not working. drivers already install

Your "yellow" device is Bluetooth, not WiFi.

Fn+F5 utility work depends on both of them, so you need all drivers to be installed before it will work.

Install bluetooth drivers for your model. Also, your WiFI also may be Broadcom (Gemtek) and you may be trying to install Intel WiFi.

//help will save the world
c64
What's DOS?
Views: 2,957
Message 3 of 5

Re: u330 wireless and bluetooth drivers for windows xp

---

c64
What's DOS?
Views: 2,955
Message 4 of 5

Re: u330 wireless and bluetooth drivers for windows xp. devices not working.

go to BIOS, turn on the wireless, get back to windows.

try to install both drivers (intel and broadcom), even if you have downloaded  your driver  from lenovo website by entering your serial number. I have done that (yesterday), and still it gave the wrong driver.

//AIYWYA

myspace.com/eyelinersound

ljsphilobe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,446
Message 5 of 5

Re: u330 wireless and bluetooth drivers for windows xp. devices not working. drivers already install

same here...i've restored to vista..now i can't use wireless connection amd bluetooth

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors