Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bystry
Paper Tape
Views: 680
Message 1 of 3

u400 + Linux UBUNTU

Hello, i have one question. I want to install Ubuntu on my u400. Can I format disk, install ubuntu and work on it? but what if i wish to come back to Windows7? can i just press Recorvery button and install W7 as before? 

Will be there any problems with files format etc?

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 674
Message 2 of 3

Re: u400 + Linux UBUNTU

You should create a set of recovery discs before you install Ubuntu or alter any of the partition sizes because afterwards the one key recovery will not work; please refer to the top stickied thread in this board for more information.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

FlareKR
Punch Card
Views: 655
Message 3 of 3

Re: u400 + Linux UBUNTU

I would also look up dual booting. It has always been possible to have two or more OSes in a PC, all you would have to do when start up the computer is choose which partition you would start with: Windows or Ubuntu. There are tons of videos of this online to help you. The only con to dual booting is that it may slow down your PC a bit, depending on which method you set it up with, but it is a very minute slow down.

I also believe there is a Win 7 emulator for Linux called Wine. I won't explain everything: I am only providing you the methods to fish, not the fish itself.

Good luck