Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anteiros
What's DOS?
Views: 109
Message 1 of 2

u430 rubs sound

Hi Everyone.

Recently my laptop lenovo U430 makes a noise when in use, particulary when i do something like see a movie or games or when it's started...., it seems that the fan make a rubbing noise. Is there a way to settle the problem?

Is this a hardware fault or normal behaviour? From my experience this sound seems a bit excessive.

Thanks you very much,

Ben

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 97
Message 2 of 2

Re: u430 rubs sound

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Try using some compressed air to blow out all the vents.  Possibly there is a build up of dust and debris on the fan's blades which is causing the excess noise.  Cans of compressed air can be purchased at any store with an electronics department or at an office supply store.  When using the compressed air just use short bursts as prolonged blasts of air may damage the fan.  Blow the compressed air into each vent several times or until you can no longer see dust or debris being blown out.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors