Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrranch99
Paper Tape
Views: 22,108
Message 2 of 39

windows 7 upgrade rejected - does not recognize product number

Windows 7 upgrade at the Lenovo site requires a 7 digit product number. The sale invoice that came with the machine lists it as U330 PDC, This will not work at the upgrade site. On the back of the machine their is a white sticker with the s/n and below that a mo# with 12 digits. I am unable to find any 7 digit number that will allow the upgrade app to continue, allthough with the machine came a paper stating it was entitled to free upgrade. When I bought machine it was stated as well.  Does anyone know the number to use?

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

JJ_JJ
Paper Tape
Views: 21,695
Message 1 of 39

Re: windows 7 upgrade rejected - does not recognize product number

I have bought a Ideapad Y710 notebook with Vista Home Premium on 4 December 2009. I have tried to order the Windows 7 from the Lenovo Windows 7 free upgrade website and entered the information(e.g. serial number, product number, etc......) But I got the message that the product number is not supported for Windows 7.

So do I qualify for the Windows 7 free upgrade or the product number(machine type and model) is not correct?

Thank you very much.

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

ay2828
Paper Tape
Views: 21,768
Message 3 of 39

I just purchased an U330 from Frys in Los Angeles and I believe the 7 digit model number is #226757U.

But then when I try to submit for the Windows7 upgrade, it says the model number is not qualified. I am still trying to confirm this model number issue??

The next question from me will be if I should go from XP-Pro to Vista-Pro to W7-Pro or straight from XP-Pro to W7-Pro.??

rrranch99
Paper Tape
Views: 21,754
Message 4 of 39

Lenovo should be monitoring this forum, hopefully they will give us an answer. I think you might have to do a fresh install from xp. I did one from vista on another machine, it is worh the time Vista is horrible.

sundeep_reddy
Paper Tape
Views: 21,675
Message 5 of 39

I have the same problem. I bought a U330 from tigerdirect and I am not able to use the online windows 7 upgrade thing. What in the world is going on here??

Come on Lenovo guys... get your act together. Help the people in this thread out.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 21,652
Message 6 of 39

@rrranch99 wrote:

Lenovo should be monitoring this forum, hopefully they will give us an answer.

@sundeep_reddy wrote:
Come on Lenovo guys... get your act together. Help the people in this thread out.

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

rrranch99
Paper Tape
Views: 21,556
Message 7 of 39

Hi Jane,

Thankyou for replying. I would like to find the 7 digit product code for a model U330 so I can get the free upgrade from the Lenovo upgrade site. I have been unable to get through to Lenovo tech support.

rrranch99
Paper Tape
Views: 21,547
Message 8 of 39

According to Lenovo tech support their website is not working correctly and wont be repaired until 12/18/09.

Product:     Lenovo IdeaPad U330 2267-58U Notebook PC - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 2.0GHz, 3GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 13.3" WXGA, Windows XP Professional/Vista Business
Item #:     T71-13301
Manufacturer:     Lenovo
Tech Support #:     877-453-6686
Tech Support URL:     www.lenovo.com

Lenovo tech says 226758U is the Product Type Model.

ay2828
Paper Tape
Views: 21,533
Message 9 of 39

Still no luck requesting the Windows 7 upgrade.  The tech support people is good but they know nothing about the upgrade service. The e-mail support replied to my question and ask me to call a 909 area code number. But then no one picks up the call at that number and cannot leave a message as the voice box is full. I will keep trying and let you guys know.

sundeep_reddy
Paper Tape
Views: 21,513
Message 10 of 39

This is sad. I hope they help us before that. I have got this laptop as a Christmas gift and would have to give it off without windows 7 installed.

Keep us posted guys...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors