English Community

Software and Operating SystemLenovo Vantage Knowledge Base

How to fix Lenovo Vantage Toolbar (Battery Gauge)

Symptoms

The Lenovo Vantage Toolbar (Battery Gauge) may stop working.  There may also be an error message like "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage\x64\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll The specified module could not be found."

Diagnosis

During a self-update, Lenovo System Interface Foundation was unable to successfully install the latest version of the Toolbar.

Solution

1.  Save the following file to your PC:  Fix-Battery-Gauge.zip

2.  From the folder where you saved the file, right-click on Fix-Battery-Gauge.zip and choose "Extract All..."

3.  From the folder where you extracted Fix-Battery-Gauge.zip, right-click on Fix-Battery-Gauge.bat and select the option "Run as administrator".  If you see a message like "Windows protected your PC", click on "More info" and then click on "Run anyway".

4.  If you see a message like "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", click on "Yes".

5.  Wait for the process to finish, and then press any key to continue, as prompted

6.  Right-click on some blank space in the task bar, then open the "Toolbars" menu, and click on Lenovo Vantage Toolbar to enable it.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

souskemickel On 2018-09-25, 23:53 PM

Hi guys, try this one. it brings back the battery gauge. I'll keep you posted once it was posted. just follow the instruction above. hopefully it works. once I restarted my PC.

lenovillos On 2018-09-27, 8:44 AM

Didn't work for me; I can reinstall the toolbar all right, but when I restart o switch off the computer it disappears again. Well actually it's still there for a few seconds after starting Windows and the disappears and the error message is displayed

someotherguy On 2018-09-27, 11:48 AM

lenovillos,

In your case, it sounds like something keeps deleting the file.  What antivirus software are you using?  Can you check whether it is blocking or quarantining a file?  

lenovillos On 2018-09-27, 14:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, I've no antivirus software other than the windows default protection, and no notifications of blocking/quaratining have been displayed

someotherguy On 2018-09-27, 16:11 PM

lenovillos

I'm not sure what is happening in your case and I haven't heard this reported anywhere else.  I have another fix package that might help for your case, and it will create a log file so we can hopefully figure out what is going on.  Please download and extract this zip:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhftrlWTHULy50mR18A

Then double-click on FixBatteryGauge and wait for it to complete.  It may take a minute or more, when it's finished you'll see a message pop up like "Successfully!".  After it finishes, please send me BGT.zip that will be created in the same folder as FixBatteryGauge.  You can either upload it to onedrive/dropbox/etc and share a link here, or else e-mail it to me at lenovoforums@yahoo.com

WSaldivia On 2018-09-27, 16:52 PM

Thanks very much!

Worked flawless in a Lenovo Ideapad 110, with Windows 10 x64 version 1803 (updated). I was getting the error message since three days ago.

shilpajit On 2018-09-28, 2:54 AM

Thank you for the solution, It worked well for my system.

jnvc57 On 2018-09-28, 20:15 PM

I can download the zipped file and upzip it, I can see all the files, but no where do I find one with the extension named "Fix-Battery-Gauge.bat"  I even searched for it in the search box...nothing. I still have the RUNDLL  box show up every time I boot up. I do have a battery indicator box in lower right tool bar. So I don't get what this dialog box is all about.

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop