English Community

Software and Operating SystemLenovo Vantage Knowledge Base

Lenovo Vantage install/update failure in Microsoft Store

This article was updated on August 7, 2019 to point to Lenovo Vantage 4.27.32.0

Symptoms

Lenovo Vantage might fail to install/update from the Microsoft Store.  The error code is 0x80073CFB.

Diagnosis

The Microsoft Store frequently has problems installing/updating Vantage as well as other non-Lenovo apps.  We don't know why this problem happens.  We are working with Microsoft about this problem, but so far they are not able to fix it.

Solution

Lenovo Vantage can be downloaded and installed manually, without using the Microsoft Store:

1.  Save the following file to your PC:  Discovery_4.27.32.0.zip

2.  From the folder where you saved the file, right-click on Discovery_4.27.32.0.zip and choose "Extract All..."

3.  From the folder where you extracted the file in step 2, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file (33880b99e2af47f89fd9c3419314052e.appxbundle)

4.  Follow the on-screen instructions to install or update the app.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

Blondie25 On 2018-09-14, 13:30 PM

wrote:
Symptoms

Lenovo Vantage might fail to install/update from the Microsoft Store.  The error code is 0x80073CFB.

Diagnosis

The Microsoft Store frequently has problems installing/updating Vantage as well as other non-Lenovo apps.  We don't know why this problem happens.

Solution

Lenovo Vantage can be downloaded and installed manually, without using the Microsoft Store:

1.  Download and unzip this file, which is the latest version of Lenovo Vantage as of September 5, 2018:  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/metroapps/Vantage/4.5.153.0/Discovery_4.13.153.0_ARM_x86_bundle.appxupload_Windows10_PreinstallKit.zip

2.  From the unzipped folder, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file "1b4621d0b6e34468a953386f8359e09b.appxbundle"

3.  Follow the on-screen instructions to install or update the app.

I tried this, but nothing worked!

someotherguy On 2018-09-14, 13:34 PM

Other users have told me it works.  Please provide more details about what's not working for you.  Screenshots would be great.

Blondie25 On 2018-09-14, 14:12 PM

Hoping this helps!

Blondie25 On 2018-09-14, 14:17 PM

wrote:
Symptoms

Diagnosis

The Microsoft Store frequently has problems installing/updating Vantage as well as other non-Lenovo apps.  We don't know why this problem happens.

Solution

1.  Download and unzip this file, which is the latest version of Lenovo Vantage as of September 5, 2018:  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/metroapps/Vantage/4.5.153.0/Discovery_4.13.153.0_ARM_x86_bundle.appxupload_Windows10_PreinstallKit.zip

2.  From the unzipped folder, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file "1b4621d0b6e34468a953386f8359e09b.appxbundle"

I did all, except No. 3, I didn't see anything about on screen instructions for install or update.

someotherguy On 2018-09-14, 14:21 PM

You're not following the instructions.  In step 1, you have to unzip the file.  Right-click on the .zip file and then choose "extract all".  In step 2, from the extracted folder, you have to double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file.

HikinMike On 2018-09-14, 23:44 PM

I, too am having problems with Vantage.  It stopped working after I used PCMover to load my programs and woud give the error to install the System-Interface-Foundation, which didn't help.  I uninstalled and tried to reinstall from the Store, but it failed. 

I then used the link above for the Discovery_4.13.... Zip file, Made a directory for it and tried to install.  I get Lenovo Vantage Installation Failed with this error:

"App installation failed with error message: The provided package is already installed, and reinstallation of the package was blocked. Check the AppXDeployment-Server"

No idea what that means.  I even tried uninstalling ALL the lenovo apps and had the same error.

Yoga 730-15ikb

Purchased 9-2-18

Blondie25 On 2018-09-15, 3:20 AM

wrote:
Symptoms

Diagnosis

Solution

I did follow your instructions (per your last solution), and nothing works. So, I don't know what else, or what more to do? I guess I won't be getting it on my laptop after all. Do I need to do any other things like: with the BIOS, get rid of other Lenovo apps, or something extra? What OS Build should I have on my machine? 

Blondie25 On 2018-09-15, 4:55 AM

HikinMike:

"App installation failed with error message: The provided package is already installed, and reinstallation of the package was blocked. Check the AppXDeployment-Server"

No idea what that means.  I even tried uninstalling ALL the lenovo apps and had the same error.

What and where is the AppXDeployment-Server?

someotherguy On 2018-09-17, 12:47 PM

HikinMike,

In your case it sounds like the Vantage installation is incomplete or corrupted.  I'd like you to try a different step to uninstall any existing Vantage version.  Then you can reboot and try to install it again.

Please download this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhftgybR5BqrEQBK1oA

Then:

1.  unzip it to some file on your PC

2.  from the unzipped folder, right-click on uninstall_apps.bat and choose the option "run as administrator"

3.  then reboot and try to re-install Vantage

If there are any errors or you have any questions about what you see, post a screenshot.

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Delete