cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 46,707

This article was updated on August 7, 2019 to point to Lenovo Vantage 4.27.32.0

Symptoms

Lenovo Vantage might fail to install/update from the Microsoft Store.  The error code is 0x80073CFB.

Diagnosis

The Microsoft Store frequently has problems installing/updating Vantage as well as other non-Lenovo apps.  We don't know why this problem happens.  We are working with Microsoft about this problem, but so far they are not able to fix it.

Solution

Lenovo Vantage can be downloaded and installed manually, without using the Microsoft Store:

1.  Save the following file to your PC:  Discovery_4.27.32.0.zip

2.  From the folder where you saved the file, right-click on Discovery_4.27.32.0.zip and choose "Extract All..."

3.  From the folder where you extracted the file in step 2, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file (33880b99e2af47f89fd9c3419314052e.appxbundle)

4.  Follow the on-screen instructions to install or update the app.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
Blondie25

@someotherguy wrote:
Symptoms

Lenovo Vantage might fail to install/update from the Microsoft Store.  The error code is 0x80073CFB.

Diagnosis

The Microsoft Store frequently has problems installing/updating Vantage as well as other non-Lenovo apps.  We don't know why this problem happens.

Solution

Lenovo Vantage can be downloaded and installed manually, without using the Microsoft Store:

1.  Download and unzip this file, which is the latest version of Lenovo Vantage as of September 5, 2018:  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/metroapps/Vantage/4.5.153.0/Discovery_4.13.153.0_...

2.  From the unzipped folder, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file "1b4621d0b6e34468a953386f8359e09b.appxbundle"

3.  Follow the on-screen instructions to install or update the app.

I tried this, but nothing worked!

Other users have told me it works.  Please provide more details about what's not working for you.  Screenshots would be great.

Blondie25

lenovo1.JPG

lenovo2.JPG

lenovo3.JPG

Hoping this helps!

Blondie25

@someotherguy wrote:
Symptoms

Diagnosis

The Microsoft Store frequently has problems installing/updating Vantage as well as other non-Lenovo apps.  We don't know why this problem happens.

Solution

1.  Download and unzip this file, which is the latest version of Lenovo Vantage as of September 5, 2018:  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/metroapps/Vantage/4.5.153.0/Discovery_4.13.153.0_...

2.  From the unzipped folder, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file "1b4621d0b6e34468a953386f8359e09b.appxbundle"

I did all, except No. 3, I didn't see anything about on screen instructions for install or update.

You're not following the instructions.  In step 1, you have to unzip the file.  Right-click on the .zip file and then choose "extract all".  In step 2, from the extracted folder, you have to double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file.

HikinMike

I, too am having problems with Vantage.  It stopped working after I used PCMover to load my programs and woud give the error to install the System-Interface-Foundation, which didn't help.  I uninstalled and tried to reinstall from the Store, but it failed. 

I then used the link above for the Discovery_4.13.... Zip file, Made a directory for it and tried to install.  I get Lenovo Vantage Installation Failed with this error:

"App installation failed with error message: The provided package is already installed, and reinstallation of the package was blocked. Check the AppXDeployment-Server"

No idea what that means.  I even tried uninstalling ALL the lenovo apps and had the same error.

Yoga 730-15ikb

Purchased 9-2-18

Blondie25

@someotherguy wrote:
Symptoms

Diagnosis

Solution

I did follow your instructions (per your last solution), and nothing works. So, I don't know what else, or what more to do? I guess I won't be getting it on my laptop after all. Do I need to do any other things like: with the BIOS, get rid of other Lenovo apps, or something extra? What OS Build should I have on my machine? 

Blondie25

HikinMike:

"App installation failed with error message: The provided package is already installed, and reinstallation of the package was blocked. Check the AppXDeployment-Server"

No idea what that means.  I even tried uninstalling ALL the lenovo apps and had the same error.

What and where is the AppXDeployment-Server?

HikinMike,

In your case it sounds like the Vantage installation is incomplete or corrupted.  I'd like you to try a different step to uninstall any existing Vantage version.  Then you can reboot and try to install it again.

Please download this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhftgybR5BqrEQBK1oA

Then:

1.  unzip it to some file on your PC

2.  from the unzipped folder, right-click on uninstall_apps.bat and choose the option "run as administrator"

3.  then reboot and try to re-install Vantage

If there are any errors or you have any questions about what you see, post a screenshot.

HikinMike

That worked!  It did clean out the old installation.

I reinstalled from the Discovery_4.13...zip you previously posted and I have Vantage working again.

Now I have to reinstall all the other Lenovo apps I erroneously removed... 

-HikinMike

JiggedBone

Someotherguy,

I was having some real issues getting Lenovo Vantage to reinstall today. I was two clicks away from giving it up when I ran accross your article here.  Man, this worked perfectly! But I still have one issue, I can not get Intel's Thunderbolt Software to stop interfering with my Lenovo Vantage. Everytime I run a scan or try doing an update this Thunderbolt Software interrupts. It's not preventing Lenovo Vantage from doing it's thing, it just prolongs it.  I tried uninstalling the Thunderbolt Software but as soon as I ran Lenovo Vantage again it autmatically reinstalled itself!  I did the research on this Intel Software and from what I can tell it is pretty good, really good in fact. Do you have some suggestions?

- JiggedBone

JiggedBone,

I'm glad this article helped you install Vantage.  If you want to discuss another issue, please start a new forum thread here:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/bd-p/Special_Interest_Utilities

Please include your ThinkPad model and a screenshot of the issue that you need help with.

jackyjjp

Thanks! This works for me.

steverem

Followed the instructions and led me back to the same screen "Vantage has Encountered a Problem. Please restart your computer and try again.  if problem continues, click Install button below to install or update teh Lenovo System Interface Driver"

I have downloaded and installed the interface driver, and yet I get this same error message.  

Any help would be appreciated.

steverem,

Your specific problem is addressed in a different article:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/error-message-quot-Vantage-has-encountere...

steverem

Thanks you so much.  The instructions via the link worked.  Greatly appreciate the help.

filippologli

Hi Someotherguy,

Your solution did not work for me. I receive the following error message when trying to install Lenovo Vantage:

App installation failed with error message: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (0x80070422)

SystemInterfaceFoundation is installed and the service is running.

I also tried installing Lenovo Settings, which I downloaded from this link and it failed as well.

I really need to get Lenovo Settingsor Vantage to work because I cannot change the 60% battery charge limit any more!

Windows Store is not an option since it does not work, I tried all possible solutions from various threads, including resetting, reinstalling, re-registering it...

Can you help me out, please?

filippologli,

Look above for what I wrote to HikinMike on ‎09-17-2018 08:47 AM.  I posted a script which should completely uninstall all remants of Lenovo Vantage and/or Lenovo Settings.  Then try installing Vantage again.  If that still doesn't work, you'll have to re-install OS or else ask Microsoft for help.  The error you're seeing is coming from Windows, not from Vantage.

filippologli

Someotherguy,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay.

Yes I had seen your previous comment and had already tried the uninstall script, I forgot to mention. Still, no results.

I know it's basically a Windows problem, and I have already tried all the solutions I have found on the internet with no results. I guess I have to reinstall Windows...

Thanks a lot anyway,

Have a good day

Gordonbp1

Trying to install Vantage on my X230 with Windows 10 from the zip file and I get this:

Capture.PNG

bigman

Thank you! I've been working on this for 2 days. Tried all the suggestions. This one did it.

Kaiser214

Hi

the installer works fine but it's stuck at 16% and it's been an hour and it's not moving 

popov895

Where can I download this version of the application?

vantage.png

deer9899

Hi

The installer is stuck at 16% for a long time . I used the uninstall.bat from the above thread also. Is it normal or am i encountering any error?

popov895

Perhaps, the installer downloads and/or installs some additional software, such as a Microsoft .NET Framework. Try to wait more time. I'd also recommend to disable antivirus and other similar software during installation.

MVW1
Hi, Lenovo Staf Correct that in the package of Lenovo System Interface Foundation for Windows 10 version 1.1.18.1 the cab "LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin" plug-in, is not included?
MVW1

f.y.i

1.  Download and unzip this file, which is the latest version of Lenovo Vantage from https://vantage.lenovo.com/

2.  From the unzipped folder, double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.appxbundle"

Error:  Try to install with  "App installer" from Microsoft (download) try again 

and check the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ( hinden ) for old Lenovo entry's 

Contributors