The "Install Update" button in Vantage downloads and installs Lenovo System Interface Foundation and then prompts you to reboot the PC. But after reboot, Vantage still shows the "Install Update" button.
In some situations, Lenovo System Interface Foundation fails to install one of its components. This can be confirmed by opening Device Manager, expanding the "System Devices" category, and looking for the "System Interface Foundation V2 Device". If this device is missing after installing Lenovo System Interface Foundation, follow the steps listed in the Solution section of this document.
2. From the folder where you saved the file, right-click on install-IMC.zip and choose "Extract All..."
3. From the folder where you extracted install-IMC.zip, right-click on install-IMC.bat and choose "Run as administrator". If you see a message like "Windows protected your PC", click on "More info" and then click on "Run anyway".
4. If you see a message like "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", click on "Yes".
5. Wait for the process to finish, and then press any key to continue, as prompted
6. Leave the PC idle for several minutes while Lenovo System Interface Foundation automatically downloads and installs updates from Lenovo server. This typically takes 10 minutes.
7. Reboot and run Vantage again, it should work now.
During step 6, if you want to check on the progress, you can open the "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins" folder. Note that ProgramData is a hidden folder on your PC. You will know the process is complete when this folder has approximately 35 subfolders (actual number depends on the model of your PC). Typically, it takes 5-10 minutes. If it doesn't, try rebooting and waiting some more.