cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,464

Question

I know that the System Update feature of Vantage automatically installs critical and recommended driver updates as they become available. How can I configure the day and time that the updates are installed?

Answer

The installation of System Updates is configured by scheduled tasks that are created by Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  There are 2 scheduled tasks in Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Lenovo -> ImController -> Plugins:

1.  LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin_TVSUUpdateTask_Once - this scheduled task is designed to run one time soon after installation, to bring the system up to date.  The scheduled task is automatically deleted a few hours later.

2.  LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin_WeeklyTask - this scheduled task is designed to run once per week.

If you want to control the time that updates are installed, here is one way to do it:

A.  Delete the LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin_TVSUUpdateTask_Once scheduled task (if it hasn't already been deleted automatically - see #1 above).

B.  Modify the LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin_WeeklyTask to run at a time and day that you want.

Any feedback or follow-up questions, feel free to let me know in the comments below!

Was this information helpful?

Comments
usikpa

OK, I'll just post it here since it is software specific, not platfrom or device specific. Feel free to move my question/issue where appropriate.

Basically, when launching a check on system / driver update available, get a warning message there was a problem getting any new updates, followed up by the suggestion to check later or visit the Lenovo support site.

Waiding through the Vantage logs tvsu_200113XXXXXX.log at

"C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\SystemPluginData\LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin\logs"

found only one error repeating many times:

Severe 2020-01-13 , 04:34:10.963
в Tvsu.Nls.NlsResources..ctor()
Exception:
Message: File 'C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\iMController\Plugins\LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin\x64\MappingInterface.xml' was not found.
Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Tried all other options with this app - everything seems to operate as intended. The path above, however is really missing... Any solutions?

Contributors