cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,300

Symptom

Every time the computer is rebooted, an error message appears from RunDLL:  "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll.  The specified module could not be found.".  This issue may happen after a Windows 10 feature update (e.g. update from 1803 to 1809) or after performing a OS reset procedure.

1.PNG

Solution

This issue can be fixed by reinstalling the "Lenovo Power Manager" driver in Device Manager.  Use the following steps to do this:

1.  Open Device Manager.  One way to do this is by pressing WindowsKey+X and then select Device Manager from the list that appears.

2.  Expand the System Devices category and then double-click on Lenovo Power Manager in the list of devices as shown below:

2.png

3.  In the Lenovo Power Manager Properties, click on the Driver tab, and then click on the Update Driver button as shown below:

3.png 

4.  Click on Browse my computer for driver software as shown below:

4.png 

5.  Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer as shown below:

5.png 

6.  Select Lenovo Power Manager from the list of devices, and then click on Next as shown below:

6.png 

7.  Wait while the driver is installed, confirm that it was installed successfully, and then click on Close as shown below:

7.png

Was this information helpful?

Contributors