cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 37,587

Symptom

Every time the computer is rebooted, an error message appears from RunDLL:  "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll.  The specified module could not be found.".  This issue may happen after a Windows 10 feature update (e.g. update from 1803 to 1809) or after performing a OS reset procedure.

1.PNG

Solution

This issue can be fixed by reinstalling the "Lenovo Power Manager" driver in Device Manager.  Use the following steps to do this:

1.  Open Device Manager.  One way to do this is by pressing WindowsKey+X and then select Device Manager from the list that appears.

2.  Expand the System Devices category and then double-click on Lenovo Power Manager in the list of devices as shown below:

2.png

3.  In the Lenovo Power Manager Properties, click on the Driver tab, and then click on the Update Driver button as shown below:

3.png 

4.  Click on Browse my computer for driver software as shown below:

4.png 

5.  Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer as shown below:

5.png 

6.  Select Lenovo Power Manager from the list of devices, and then click on Next as shown below:

6.png 

7.  Wait while the driver is installed, confirm that it was installed successfully, and then click on Close as shown below:

7.png

Was this information helpful?

Comments
rshimizu12

I keep getting the same error and have tried all the solutions that people have listed. Tried uninstalling the updating driver, but Windows keeps telling me I have he latest one. Also tried uninstalling & reinstalling Lenovo power managment and the error still appears.

I haven't heard of anyone having this problem in several weeks.  And I've never heard of anyone following these instructions and the problem wasn't fixed.  Are you sure it's the same error message?  Are you running Windows 10?

rshimizu12

Yes, I am wondering if this registry relate...?

OR-8

Thanks for this Solution, We had 3 P51 and 6 X370 / 380 Yoga solved with this instruction. Only one X380 resisted.