Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sura0113
Paper Tape
Views: 2,264
Message 1 of 5

Apply/Activate Firmware - xClarity

I've deployed the xClarity Adminsitrator trail version in our lab environment and been having issues with Apply/Activate firmware.

I've been able to add packages to repository,create compliance policies but however when i go to Apply/Activate section it doesnt seem to list the inventory to assign a policy to an endpoint. Stuck with the below screen and wont populate the inventory.. Am i missing any specific configuration, everything else seem to work ok except this. there is no firewall blocking between xclarity and chassis and other components. any help would be gladly appreciated. 

xClarity Error.PNG

sura0113
Paper Tape
Views: 2,255
Message 2 of 5

Re: Apply/Activate Firmware - xClarity

I'm running v1.2.2 of xClarity. Thx
Lenovo Employee GGuy_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,160
Message 3 of 5

Hi sura0113,

1. Is this a new v1.2.2 installation, or an upgrade?

2. Does only the Firmware Apply/Activate page show this issue, or other pages as well?
3. How long have you remained on the Firmware A/A page?

There is a known issue on LXCA v1.2.2 where the Firmware Updates: Apply / Activate' page is slow to load after upgrading to 1.2.2 release.  A patch is available but curently must be obtained from Lenovo Support by opening a support request with IBM.  This is also to help ensure we get you the correct fix in case another problem is affecting your webui behavior.

sura0113
Paper Tape
Views: 2,150
Message 4 of 5

Hi GGuy_Lenovo, thanks for your reply and pls refer below for my comments to your query.

1. Fresh build v1.2.2
2. Only the Firmware Apply/Activate page show this issue, other pages load the information/inventory.
3. In excess of 20 mins, and eventually gave up.

I'm only managing 1 chassis & < 20 endpoints to test this product in our lab.

Soap1
Punch Card
Views: 2,072
Message 5 of 5

Did you ever open a support case and get a fix? I have the same issue and still need to open a case for this and a few other issues with 1.2.2 build.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors