Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrOnkel
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 1 of 2

Cannot add systems with mapped IP addresses

I cannot add systems to the LXCA which have mapped IP addresses. This means the XCC is connected through VPN and has for instance an configured IP address 192.168.155.4/24

The XCC is reachable from the LXCA with the mapped address 10.1.155.4 because there are 2 VPN routers who translate the addresses. I can reach the XCC website without any errors. 

When i now want to add these system to the LXCA with entering 10.1.155.4 as the IP address then the LXCA make a connection to the XCC and read some information (Name of the XCC an so on) and then tries to reach the XCC with the configured IP address 192.168.155.4 instead of the entered address 10.1.155.4. :-)

Does anybody knows these problem and have a solution for this?

Disabling the IP translation is not an option, because we have many VPN sites with the same IP ranges.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee aehawkins
Lenovo Employee
Views: 55
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot add systems with mapped IP addresses

Not a networking expert but are you saying you're using NAT?

Network considerations: IP configuration limitations - Lenovo XClarity Administrator

IP configuration limitations

For the following functions and managed devices, network interfaces must be configured with an IPv4 address. IPv6 addresses are not supported.
  • Firmware updates for Lenovo Storage devices

• ThinkServer servers

• Lenovo Storage and Nimble storage systems

Network address translation (NAT), which remaps one IP address space into another, is not supported.

under troubleshooting - Cannot discover a device

Also LXCA does a reverse host lookup at management time but management involves getting SLP multi/unicast from the device for successful manage. LXCA does have in the network settings where you can setup route tables, but I don't think that is your issue.

All things LXCA can be found here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/lnvo-xclarit

Thank You!

Alan Hawkins
ahawkins@lenovo.com
7001 Development Dr Morrisville, NC 27560

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors