Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theosofica
Punch Card
Views: 682
Message 1 of 6

Login failure from IPMI client

Hi,

In the eventlog of the BMC from a Lenovo blade SN550. I see the following error:

2018-06-04T10:28:07.197 Security: Userid: SYSMGR_MJKQBQ0J had 1 login failures from IPMI client at IP address xx.xx.xx.xx

The IP adres is the adres of the XClarity Administrator

Can someone explain to me what this means?

Thanks

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 672
Message 2 of 6

Re: Login failure from IPMI client

It means that the randomly generated internal credential that the LXCA uses to talk to the IMM/CMM is out of synch with the endpoint.  If you unmanage and remanage the endpoint, that should stop occurring.  Alternately, you could restart the LXCA, which should accomplish the same thing.  This is a known issue with credential expirations between the IMM/CMM and the LXCA. Work is being done to improve this in a future release.

Inca Roads

theosofica
Punch Card
Views: 664
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response. This is probably the reason why firmware deploy is not working?

Lenovo Employee
Views: 654
Message 4 of 6

If the LXCA can't authenticate to the endpoint, that would inhibit management functions.  I could easily see that as a reason that firmware updates are not successful to that endpoint.

Inca Roads

theosofica
Punch Card
Views: 642
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I unmanaged en remanaged the chassis. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Login failures for IPMI client are still there (endpoint) and firmware updates are failing.

XClarity says: An execution error with the CIM occurred while performing the firmware update.

Thanks for your help.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 602
Message 6 of 6

Sounds like you should contact support.  From the online pubs, it does state that firmware needs to be at August 2017 level or later to be supported.  Perhaps that is involved?  If not, you should open a support case.

Inca Roads

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals