Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitinsharma123
Paper Tape
Views: 3,441
Message 1 of 5

Not able to login to LXCA appliance console

I am doing testing of Lenovo xClarity Administrator Version 2.0.0 Build 425 in our environment . Issue I am facing is that not able to login to appliance OS console through the user created on web interface.

Is there any default username & pasword for appliance ??

Do we need to create any user name & assign specific Role to that ??

Our monitoring team is also looking for Engine ID for SNMP setup ..what's that ?

Lenovo Employee aehawkins
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,390
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not able to login to LXCA appliance console

There is no default userid/password.. During original setup, you should have created two userid's and associated passwords.

If you know the userid you can recover by creating a iso file and attaching to the vm to recover/reset the password.

Link: http://sysmgt.lenovofiles.com/help/topic/com.lenovo.lxca.doc/sym_security_resetsupervisorpw.html?cp=...

SNMP setup link has how to get engine ID from LXCA if that is what you are looking for:

http://sysmgt.lenovofiles.com/help/topic/com.lenovo.lxca.doc/events_setupforwarding_syslog_snmp_emai...

hope this helps.

All things XClarity Administrator can be found here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/lnvo-xclarit

Thank You!

Alan Hawkins
ahawkins@lenovo.com
7001 Development Dr Morrisville, NC 27560
Lenovo Employee i_am_pamcakes
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,373
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your inguiry.

There is information available in the online Lenovo XClarity Administrator documentation. Click here

During the setup of LXCA, users are setup.  There is no default user id and password.  The information on how to do the setup and first time setup can be found here.

Troubleshooting information on logging into Lenovo XClarity Administrator can be found here.

The information on the Engine ID can be found here.

nitinsharma123
Paper Tape
Views: 3,361
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your response .

We created couple of users with supervisor role and able to login to web interface through it but not able to get into OS through those credentials.

Is there any specific role / group that we need to define for getting OS access.

Lenovo Employee i_am_pamcakes
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,355
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

If the OS that you are refering to the VM itself, that is  Developer Only Access and not publically available.  The users and passwords created for the WEB access will not work.

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals