Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBrines
Fanfold Paper
Views: 344
Message 1 of 6

OS Deployment fails could not open net1:

Using Xclarity to deplot Windows server 2012R2 but it fails on the server the OS is being deployed to with

Could not open net1: Input/Output error see attaached. I have tried using net0 but same issue.

The server is a ThinkSystem SR630

We have also tried to install the OS using the server setup but it can't find the OS files.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 282
Message 2 of 6

Re: OS Deployment fails could not open net1:

We are working this issue via Service case.  Thanks for reporting.  

JBrines
Fanfold Paper
Views: 252
Message 3 of 6

Any idea on when it will be fixed as I need to install the OS and won't be able to test it once I install it.

John.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 235
Message 4 of 6

John

Sorry, I may have mis-spoken in my previous post, I don't think there is a formal support case currently open for your issue. 

I looked at your screenshot with our OS deployment developer and our first impression is that the PXE utility is trying to connect to LXCA on a port that is missing connection somewhere in the environment; the error message you are showing is your server reporting that it can't see the LXCA at all via this device rather than anything going wrong on the LXCA side.  Can you confirm that the network device at that mac address showing for Net1: has a physical connection to your network and that that part of the network has a clear path back to your LXCA?  

If you think all the connections are intact the next step would be to open a support ticket.

JBrines
Fanfold Paper
Views: 192
Message 5 of 6

Hi Sard,

That fixed that part as the deployment starts but it now fails with the attached error. I can't install the OS from a USB as it doesn't see the Virtual  drive created in raid. I have even tried the software deployment in the system settings of the server and it doesn't see the OS files on the USB drive.

I have been trying for over a week now to get this OS installed.

JBrines
Fanfold Paper
Views: 175
Message 6 of 6

I managed to get this resolved by installing from a CIFS share.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals