Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC_in_SD
Paper Tape
Views: 459
Message 1 of 4

System is already being managed...

New to XClarity after using IBM Systems Director for years to monitor for hardware issues.  I built one XClarity appliance and added two test rack servers.  I removed the first XClarity appliance (without first "unmanaging" the two servers)- built another - then get the message the server/system is already being managed by another XCalrity instance when I try to re-add the original two rack servers.  The only way I could find to get past this message was to have IMM do a factory reset.

There must be an easier way from within IMM to clear ??? so Xclarity would not see this server as being managed by another XClarity instance?

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 440
Message 2 of 4

Re: System is already being managed...

You could attempt to "Force Manage" when managing the system. Unfortunately, by failing to unmanage the targets before you removed the previous instance, you ended up leaving CIM subscriptions in place on the target systems.  Those need to be removed, either via a reset of the IMM to defaults, or by using "Force Manage" to manage them.  In some cases, the reset may end up being the only option.

You didn't mention what version of LXCA you are using, and early versions did not have the Force option.  I recommend updating to the latest release (1.4.0 for 1.x and 2.0.0 for 2.x) and using the Force option to manage the targets.

Inca Roads

JC_in_SD
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 3 of 4

We are on the latest & greatest:

Version 2.0.0
Build: 425
Trial license for advanced functions: 83 days remaining
Application UUID: 4AF7717110184E1D9BD5BA9088446BD3

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 402
Message 4 of 4

In that case, you will want to make sure that the target endpoint's firmware is up to date, also.  

Inca Roads

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors