Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC_in_SD
Paper Tape
Views: 301
Message 1 of 4

Trying to display Alerts under Status & Health for a Server

Early this morning IBM Systems Director alerted us on a potential power supply issue with one of our servers.  XClarity is also monitoring this same server and didn't.  When I go into the XClarity GUI->Servers->servername->Status and Health and click on "Alerts" the "Loading" progress wheel just spins and spins.  

Any ideas why XClarity isn't able to access the alerts?

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 292
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trying to display Alerts under Status & Health for a Server

First thought that comes to mind is backlevel IMM firmware.  You didn't provide that information.  Second thing that comes to mind is wondering if the CIM subscriptions are not set up correctly for the out of band management.  Also could be something in the LXCA inventory database isn't right. 

If you have a support contract, I would recommend opening a ticket.  Please be sure when doing so to be very clear how both ISD and LXCA are configured to allow them to work together. (I assume that ISD is monitoring in-band only via an installed agent in the OS, while LXCA is managing the IMM out of band -- I am pretty sure these have never been formally tested together), as well as all firmware versions and patches installed in LXCA.

Inca Roads

JC_in_SD
Paper Tape
Views: 286
Message 3 of 4

ISD and XClarity are both monitoring via IMM which is why this is a bit confusing.  IMM version was updated within the past 9 months so I'm guessing this is not the issue.

I'll open a ticket and see what support has to say....thanks.

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 280
Message 4 of 4

So far as I am aware, CIM won't allow both ISD and LXCA to manage the system properly so that events flow to both.  I think you only get one.  But if you open a ticket, the support guys should be able to provide a formal determination.  You might want to prepare for an answer of "Unsupported Configuration" however.

Inca Roads

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals