Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MillerTech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 689
Message 1 of 14

Unable to access login URL after installing XClarity Administrator

We are setting up our first XClarity Administrator install using the VHD full image download. After installing, the console ends at the localhost login prompt. We then try to access the web interface using the URL - https:<ip address>/ui/login.html and it is not found. We are not able to verify any web services running on the VHD. We tried two installations on different sytems one with DHCP and the other with Static IP and we are not able to access to login url from either installation. Seems like we are missing something basic.

Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 613
Message 2 of 14

Re: Unable to access login URL after installing XClarity Administrator

Hi Miller 

According to the KB article-Installing Lenovo xClarity Administrator on Windows Hyper-V , at the end of the XClarity Administrator boot process, you will receive a prompt giving you the option of setting a static IP address for the eth0 management port. The prompt will be available for 150 seconds unless you enter X to immediately proceed to the login prompt. You can use the prompted IP address to open Lenovo XClarity Administrator in your browser. Please make sure the remote PC have the same network setting.

The IP address is https://<ip address>/ui/index.html

1.png

MillerTech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 571
Message 3 of 14

Did that. I can ping the system fine. And I followed the installation guide.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 531
Message 4 of 14

Hi MillerTech

Can you try restarting the VM?  When changing the network settings (such as from static to DHCP or v-v) the appliance may need a restart. 

Also make sure you specify https:// in your browser. 

If you are getting any error messages please post screenshots. 

JGM

MillerTech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 5 of 14

Yes, I've tried all that on two different systems. I am not getting any error messages. I am making sure I'm using https.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 506
Message 6 of 14

Most likely there is some sort of network, antivirus, or browser security setting or issue that is blocking you.  The UI only needs standard ports (443 / 8080) open. 

Do you have any other web-accessible apps running on your VMWare server?  Are those accessible?  

You might try installing a browser on your VMWare server (if you don't already have one) and accessing the URL from there, bypassing the local network restrictions.  If that works you know the UI service is up and the problem is in your network.  

If none of this works, and if you have a service agreement, you can open a problem ticket and request formal debug help.  

JGM

MillerTech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 502
Message 7 of 14

It's pretty obvious this product has issues and no support. We will use an alternative product.

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 489
Message 8 of 14

There is no official support for the free version aside from peer to peer forums advice.  If you would like formal Lenovo Support, that requires a license.

Inca Roads

Highlighted
TylerHoover
Paper Tape
Views: 450
Message 9 of 14

I have the same problem, tried the VM on 2 seperate hosts on different networks and got exactly the same result. VM and client are on same network with FIREWALLS turned off.

Best guess would be that the IPTABLES firewall on the VM is misconfigured and not allowing connections to the web interface. Chrome and IE both kick back a "Connection Refused" error almost immediately.

TylerHoover
Paper Tape
Views: 448
Message 10 of 14

Also tried STATIC IP, DHCP, and IPv6... same error on all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors