Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_Klar
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 1 of 3

Unable to remove server profile or unmanage a server in XCA V2.3

Hello.

First of all - I am very new to XClarity Admin.
I have installed V2.3 and added our Thinksystem servers to the administrator. I have distributed a server profile to the servers and today I needed to change the profile for all servers. So I made the settings (like before) on one of the servers and made a template of it. The software told me, that the old profile needs to be deactivated on the servers before XClarity can distribute and apply the new profile.

Now my problem occurs ... on the former template server I can not deactivate the profile. The server appears with a pending state - so I decided to unmanage it. Now Xclarity Admin tries this for more than 40min ... no luck.

Any chance to remove the pending state, remove the old profile or unmanage and remange the server again?

BR

Robert

Rob_Klar
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to remove server profile or unmanage a server in XCA V2.3

Update - pending state is gone after I rebooted the XCA appliance.

But still it is not possible to deactivate a formally assigned server profile from that machine

Untitled.png

meaning: Deactivation of the profile was unsuccessful or partial unsuccessful

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 38
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to remove server profile or unmanage a server in XCA V2.3

Hi Rob_Klar

Did you refer Lenovo XClarity Administrator documentation section Deactivating a server profile to deactivate the server?

Could you please follow above instruction to see if you can deactivate the server successfully or not.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals