Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,178
Message 1 of 6

View License Expiration Date

I got a license from Lenovo and got it installed but I would like to verify the expiration date on it now that it's installed.  All I can see is that it is installed in the Update Management Server section.  Is there not a simple way to see the details of the license in LXCA?

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,147
Message 2 of 6

Re: View License Expiration Date

If you want to know when it expires you can get that info here:

https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup

Choose Customer ID and put your Lenovo customer number in there ( 121XXXXXXX)

Inca Roads

Ben88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,141
Message 3 of 6

Well, thanks for the info.  I figured there was some sort of complicated IBM-ish way of getting it.  I don't know what my Customer ID is or where I would find it.  The portal you access to dowload the license in the first place doesn't show it anywhere, nor is it in any email I've received as part of the purchase.  Searching the lenovo support site isn't getting me anywhere either.  So I doubt I'm going to put the time into figuring out what it is when it's obviously not easily found.

My real point is that it would be nice if the product could tell you that, since that's where the license is installed.  It certainly know when it expires, why wouldn't that be available in the UI?  That's pretty typical stuff for a licensed product.  Will LXCA warn me when it's approaching expiration, so I'm not stuck with features that don't work while I get renewal paperwork done?

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,138
Message 4 of 6

If you want to suggest a change in function, check out this page:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/XClarity-Ideation/idb-p/id_xc_en

So far as I am aware, the trial warns you that the trial license is about to expire, but I don't know whether the purchased license does that or not.  

Inca Roads

Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,094
Message 5 of 6

I dug into this a bit further and your functions should not suddenly stop working.  The license on the software doesn't "expire" the function.  You only cease being able to get formal support once your licensing ages out.

Inca Roads

Ben88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,091
Message 6 of 6

OK, good to know.  Guess it's just the trial expiration that breaks things.  Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors