Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee ccchen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 233
Message 11 of 16

Re: XCC username reset

Hi bx3m,

My apologies for the wrong information. 

1. Please refer the article to back up the XCC configuration. How to back up and restore the XClarity Controller configuration using the Lenovo XClarity Essential...

2. Reset the XCC to factory default through UEFI.

a. Power on the server and press F1 to enter System Setup page, Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager menu will be displayed.

b. From left menu, select "uEFI Setup" => "BMC Settings" => "Reset Factory Defaults Setting" then enter to restore default.

c. After that, all changed setting backed to default so you can login to XCC by using defaut USERID/PASSW0RD (0 is zero). 

*if you are using static IP, also this setting was gone so check valid IP address after XCC restor to default setting.

3. Refer to the article mentioned in step1, use the restore command to restore the saved configuration file to the XCC. 

bx3m
Paper Tape
Views: 231
Message 12 of 16

Hi ccchen,
No worries Smiley Happy
I understand that first I need to backup the config of the BMC, then reset it - but it is this step that I am worried about. If I reset the BMC, will this also reset the RAID configuration? Because if it is so, then I won't be able to properly boot into Windows and then restore the settings.
If by resetting the BMC I will only reset the IP and other configs that will NOT affect the functionality of the server and the host OS, then it is OK, but if it will affect this somehow, then I don't know what to do...
Highlighted
Lenovo Employee naoym
Lenovo Employee
Views: 220
Message 13 of 16

Hello.

RAID configuration is not affected though reset XCC configuration to default.

XCC is system management processor so RAID adapter configuration is not sotred in XCC config.

Thank you.

bx3m
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 14 of 16

Hi naoym,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. So, this means that it is a relatively safe to reset BMC to default, since the functionality of the server is not affected. Again, re-setting the IP and time zone is nothing compared to what defaulting the drivers and RAID configuration might do.
Have a nice day!
bx3m
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 15 of 16

Hi all,

Thank you for your support, I've solved my problem using the steps as described.

Have a nice day!

Lenovo Employee ccchen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 170
Message 16 of 16

Hi bx3m,

Thank you for letting us know the issue was resolved!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors