01-02-2020 05:40 AM
I am trying to update firmware on bare metal servers with xclarity administrator but i am getting generic failure every time. Xclarity administrator is 2.6 and servers are sn550
Any help apriciated
01-02-2020 07:51 PM - edited 01-02-2020 11:20 PM
Happy New Year!!
Please refer to below information to check and peroform firmware update.
1. Download firmware update package. Please find more information from section Manage the firmware-updates repository in the Updating firmware on managed devices page.
You can download firmware updates in a few different ways:
2. Then you can refer to the How to update firmware and drivers using the Lenovo XClarity management tools to perform firmware update.
I also tried to update UEFI firmware for SN550 successfully for your reference.
1. Go to "Provisioning" tab and click "Apply/Activate"
2. Switch to "Update without Policy" section. You may select the machine or machines you want to update using checkbox. First we click on "+" next to machine to see what components/options system has.
3. You can see the installed version and target version. Select the component(s) you want to update using checkbox(es).
4. Click on "Perform Updates" under "All actions" section
5. Select "Update Rule" and "Activation Rule" . Then click on "Perform Update"
6. Update task starts, you can check the status within this page.
7. Well done , update completed !
01-05-2020 06:46 PM
When you click on "Perform Updates", will it run firmware update process as below? What kind of information did it show during firmware update process as below screen?
If you want to update UEFI firmware only. Beside LXCA, You can download UEFI Firmware (For AnyOS) pack to update firmware in the LXPM, XCC or operating system. You also can refer to the How to update firmware and drivers using the Lenovo XClarity management tools for more information.
01-16-2020 06:10 PM
Since the forum was moving to a new forums platform, the forum is on Read Only mode previously. We cannot access the forum, sorry for our late reply.
About your issue, could you please provide below information for our reference.
2. Select the row for UEFI Primary and then screen capture the Summary of the UEFI Primary task. It should look similar to the following: