Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igymo
Paper Tape
Views: 414
Message 1 of 6

Xclarity firmware update

Hi,

I am trying to update firmware on bare metal servers with xclarity administrator but i am getting generic failure every time. Xclarity administrator is 2.6 and servers are sn550 

Any help apriciated 2020-01-02_14-32-57.jpg

Lenovo Employee Dannyhsueh
Lenovo Employee
Views: 381
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xclarity firmware update

Hi Igymo

Happy New Year!!

Please refer to below information to check and peroform firmware update.

1. Download firmware update package. Please find more information from section Manage the firmware-updates repository in the Updating firmware on managed devices page.

You can download firmware updates in a few different ways:

2. Then you can refer to the How to update firmware and drivers using the Lenovo XClarity management tools to perform firmware update.

I also tried to update UEFI firmware for SN550 successfully for your reference. 

1. Go to "Provisioning" tab and click "Apply/Activate"

new6.png

2. Switch to "Update without Policy" section. You may select the machine or machines you want to update using checkbox. First we click on "+" next to machine to see what components/options system has.

2.png3. You can see the installed version and target version. Select the component(s) you want to update using checkbox(es). 
4. Click on "Perform Updates" under "All actions" section

4.png
5.  Select "Update Rule" and  "Activation Rule" .  Then click on "Perform Update"

5.PNG6.  Update task starts, you can check the status within this page.

2.png
7. Well done , update completed !

1.png

igymo
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the tips but I have everything setup, but there is a problem with firmwareupdate process. I even today updated Xclarity to 2.6.1 version but it diodnt helped

Lenovo Employee
Views: 329
Message 4 of 6

Hi Igymo

When you click on "Perform Updates", will it run firmware update process as below? What kind of information did it show during firmware update process as below screen?  

2.png

If you want to update UEFI firmware only. Beside LXCA, You can download UEFI Firmware (For AnyOS) pack to update firmware in the LXPM, XCC or operating system. You also can refer to the How to update firmware and drivers using the Lenovo XClarity management tools for more information.

Highlighted
igymo
Paper Tape
Views: 309
Message 5 of 6

You can see what is happening in video  https://youtu.be/SdSYd3QLOis  

Lenovo Employee
Views: 112
Message 6 of 6

Hi Igymo

Since the forum was moving to a new forums platform, the forum is on Read Only mode previously. We cannot access the forum, sorry for our late reply.

About your issue, could you please provide below information for our reference.

1. Please collect ffdc log and LXCA service data.

2. Select the row for UEFI Primary and then screen capture the Summary of the UEFI Primary task.  It should look similar to the following:

1.png

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals