Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jmiker
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 1 of 3

xClarity Administrator not discovering either of two ST550 servers

Two two-month old ST550 boxes running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. The xClarity Admin is running in a Hyper-V VM on one of those servers.

All devices are in one subnet; all devices, including the Admin have static IPs (Server A = .11, Admin = .12, Server B = .13); no Windows firewalls are turned on. I'm connecting to the Admin at https://192.168.1.12/ui/login.html from my workstation. I set the Legacy Network Adapter for the VM.

The SLP discovery comes up empty. If I try to manually add either of the servers I see this message:

Error:  "A connection could not be made to the target system...There is a connectivity issue between the management server and the specified hostname or IP address.... enable SLP on device... discover the device again".

How do I "enable SLP" on the servers? What else do I need to look at?

Looking at this post the final answer was to open a ticket. Surely there's just some configuration I'm overlooking.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-XClarity/Xclarity-Administrator-cannot-discovery-Lenovo-ST550/m-...

Thanks!

Mike

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 842
Message 2 of 3

Re: xClarity Administrator not discovering either of two ST550 servers

You are pointing at the IP address of the IMM/XCC in those systems and not the Operating System IP address, right?

Inca Roads

Jmiker
Paper Tape
Views: 836
Message 3 of 3

Re: xClarity Administrator not discovering either of two ST550 servers

Yes. As I listed, the XCC is running on .12, and I'm connecting to .12/ui/login.html.

That's if the XCC is the xClarity VM that I'm connecting to.

Edit: Ok, the acronyms were getting me. I'm connecting to the xClarity Administrator.

I see the XCC is on the server, in place of an IMM console. How to I connect to it? The IMM had a dedicated ethernet port but I don't see one specified for the XCC although I do see three ethernet ports. Looks like the third port has a wrench symbol beside it which I suppose is the management port.

Looks like the default IP is 192.168.1.75.125 unless it gets an IP from DHCP. How do I find the current IP on the controller?

Edit, edit: Got it. Plugged into the management ethernet port and DHCP gave it an IP and the xClarity Administrator immediately found it.

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors