Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmiker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,169
Message 1 of 3

xClarity Administrator not discovering either of two ST550 servers

Two two-month old ST550 boxes running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. The xClarity Admin is running in a Hyper-V VM on one of those servers.

All devices are in one subnet; all devices, including the Admin have static IPs (Server A = .11, Admin = .12, Server B = .13); no Windows firewalls are turned on. I'm connecting to the Admin at https://192.168.1.12/ui/login.html from my workstation. I set the Legacy Network Adapter for the VM.

The SLP discovery comes up empty. If I try to manually add either of the servers I see this message:

Error:  "A connection could not be made to the target system...There is a connectivity issue between the management server and the specified hostname or IP address.... enable SLP on device... discover the device again".

How do I "enable SLP" on the servers? What else do I need to look at?

Looking at this post the final answer was to open a ticket. Surely there's just some configuration I'm overlooking.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-XClarity/Xclarity-Administrator-cannot-discovery-Lenovo-ST550/m-...

Thanks!

Mike

Lenovo Employee Inca_Roads
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,167
Message 2 of 3

Re: xClarity Administrator not discovering either of two ST550 servers

You are pointing at the IP address of the IMM/XCC in those systems and not the Operating System IP address, right?

Inca Roads

Jmiker
Paper Tape
Views: 1,161
Message 3 of 3

Re: xClarity Administrator not discovering either of two ST550 servers

Yes. As I listed, the XCC is running on .12, and I'm connecting to .12/ui/login.html.

That's if the XCC is the xClarity VM that I'm connecting to.

Edit: Ok, the acronyms were getting me. I'm connecting to the xClarity Administrator.

I see the XCC is on the server, in place of an IMM console. How to I connect to it? The IMM had a dedicated ethernet port but I don't see one specified for the XCC although I do see three ethernet ports. Looks like the third port has a wrench symbol beside it which I suppose is the management port.

Looks like the default IP is 192.168.1.75.125 unless it gets an IP from DHCP. How do I find the current IP on the controller?

Edit, edit: Got it. Plugged into the management ethernet port and DHCP gave it an IP and the xClarity Administrator immediately found it.

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals