Did you mean: 
Highlighted
coolio93
Paper Tape
Views: 882
Message 1 of 3

13 inch Yoga 720

Hello, 

I just bought a new 13 inch Yoga 720 this week. When I was setting it up, the fan was so loud it sounded like a jet engine. I assumed that was because it was installing apps and such. However, 3 days later and I still have a really loud fan that is very noticeable even when I'm simply browsing the web. I love everything else about this laptop but if I can't fix this issue then I will return it and go with something else. 

Can we expect a BIOS update or something within the next 10 days before my return period is up? Any other fix? I'v already tried turning my max processor execution state in power settings to 99% and that only helped a little but hasn't fixed the issue. 

Also, I've checked task manager and nothing is using my CPU. I have already tried replacing the laptop once from best buy and the replacement also has the issue which makes me think it needs a BIOS update or it's a poor design.

Thanks

brianw393
Paper Tape
Views: 770
Message 2 of 3

Re: 13 inch Yoga 720

I have the same issue with my new 720...no BIOS fix like with my 910. This is a very annoying "feature" Lenovo has on it's laptops.
jacklost815
Blue Screen Again
Views: 388
Message 3 of 3

Re: 13 inch Yoga 720

On  my unit, the fan normally stays quiet on idle. I notice that it generates noise only when the CPU frequency is turbo boosted for intensive activities. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors